Show Me Your Style Features + 1

by Diane Henkler on 02/20/2011

Thanks so much to everyone who linked up this past week to my Show Me Your Style party.

Here are just a few of the DIY projects that were linked up.  Be sure and check them out as well as all the other inspiring links, here.

I just love the way Susan at Home Town Girl mixed and matched her kitchen table and chairs. They all have their own personality which gives the room so much character.

image

Sharon over at Elizabeth and Co. shared her favorite paint colors with us.  Here she used Duron’s Still Creek in her master bath.  Sharon and I just figured out that our husbands grew up in the same town and were childhood friends.   Isn’t that cool?    Another reason I love blogging – making connections.

image

Dianne aka The Inspired Housewife has been painting stripes on her walls for 30 years. She has done vertical, thin, and thick. These horizontal ones are her latest.

image

Chrissie over at Chrissies Collections found this dresser with the drawers inside on Craigslist.  She did a fabulous job all the way down to the smallest detail – I <3 the polka dotted drawer liners.

image

A Vintage Vine shared her kitchen re-do.  Here she removed cabinets to create open shelves.  Very modern, yet vintage.

image

Kimberley at Restoration House re-purposed a door into a headboard. It fits into her style perfectly. It looks like somebody else thinks the bedroom is pretty special, too!

image

Lastly,  I also wanted to share with you something that I found this past week over at Lavender Clouds.    It’s Girl Scout cookie time in my neck of the woods, but I haven’t had one Girl Scout knock on my door or seen any groups selling them outside of the grocery store.  I was starting to crave some Thin Mints and was delighted when I found Lil’s Imposter Thin Mints. They are Yumm-O!  Thanks, Lil?  They are as good as the real thing.

image

1 Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal February 20, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Those are all such great projects. I’m sorry I missed the party. Maybe next time!

2 Dianne @ The Inspired Housewife February 20, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Thanks for the feature! There were so many great projects – I’m honored!

3 Chrissie February 20, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Thanks so much for the feature! You are awesome!

4 Diana K February 20, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Great featured bloggers here. I visited and found some awesome blogs! Thanks- Diana

5 Restoration House February 20, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Thanks so much for featuring my headboard Diane . Loving all your features, thanks for hosting a great party!
Kim:)

6 Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. February 20, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Thanks so much for the feature Diane! I am honored to be included. And now I have some great new blogs to go check out. I’m so glad we connected!

7 lisa February 20, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Thanks so much for the shoutout! Loved this party and there were so many great links. Have a great week!

8 Brandi Jo February 21, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Hey Diane,
I bought this at Micheal’s it was onsale in there 1 aisle! A friend was looking for it and it was 5 bucks a pop! I wished I would have stocked up!
Thanks for stopping by! I love to have new followers! I love your blog and an your new follower! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Brandi Jo
God bless

9 Lilianna Grace February 22, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Awww Diane thanks! I’m so glad you like them! I love that I can whip them up for any occasion! You have been on my mind so much lately. I really feel like I have some catching up to do and I feel I have been neglecting In My Own Style :(. I’m off to take Chloe to piano, but I will be visiting you soon, I promise!