Today I’m teaming up with my talented blogger buddies to bring you another installment of 10 Minute Decorating – Christmas Edition!
If you find yourself in a pinch to add some merry to your house this holiday season, look no further than the stack of Christmas cards you receive in your mailbox.
Simply choose a favorite, add some ribbon and maybe a few beads…
…to create a vibrant and cheerful Christmas door hanger.
How to Make a Christmas Door Hanger
- Christmas card. I found this card in the boxed Christmas card section at Target.
- Paper hole punch
- 12″ ribbon
- Optional: Hot glue and gun. Strung beads from jewelry making aisle in the craft store
- Cut ribbon (I used 3 narrow ribbons) to 12″ or the length desired.
- Punch two holes on top of card.
- Thread ribbon through holes and knot ends as shown.
- Trim ends of ribbon with scissors.
5. This step is optional. Choose a section of the card to highlight with a strand or more of beads. I chose the word BELIEVE. Run a line of hot glue where you want to place the beads.
6. Press the strand of beads into the hot glue and let dry
7. Using scissors, trim the string that holds the beads in the strand together.
A fast and festive way to add some Christmas merriment to your home this holiday.
Exciting news! This week I am homeless, but have been staying at the homes of good friends. This is not the really exciting news, that comes on Thursday when I get to spend an afternoon at one very cool home… The 2016 HGTV Dream House in Merritt Island, Florida. I am very excited to be able to go. I will be Instagramming photos as I tour the house Thursday afternoon, so I hope you’ll follow along with me here! I’ll follow up with a post here on my blog, too!
To find more 10 Minute Christmas decorating ideas, check out what these bloggers have created:
MAKING IT IN THE MOUNTAINS