Working on my kitchen hasn’t left me with much time to do other projects to share with you this week. When the sun goes down, I put down my paint brush and try to catch up on getting readers questions answered and tackle my overflowing inbox. I often wish I could chat with you in real life, but since I can’t, how about I share some of the things I have been talking about with the people I do see every day.
Here are a few things that I enjoyed reading and finding this week and will be going to this weekend
- When I am working on projects, I have to remember this. Such a good reminder for a list making person like myself.
2. I am loving following the progress of what Ashley and Jamin are doing to an older home they recently bought to make it their own. They gutted this room and are making it into a great room. I know you will enjoy following their progress, too. Even in it’s unfinished state…this room is dreamy!
3. A few weeks ago I wrote about how I can never have enough throw blankets around my house. Now that the temps have dipped, I still like to keep the windows and doors open in the house so I can feel the breeze from the lake. When I take my laptop to the sofa to work, I find that I am reaching for them to snuggle up with.
Recently I have been reading a lot about the trend in jumbo and chunky knitted throws. Have you seen these from Kozy Kat Designs? I am not a knitter, but both my mom and mother-in-law were. They were passionate knitters and made everything from hats to blankets to coats. They are no longer living, but I know they would be fascinated by these and the process to make them. The texture would look add the perfect fall touch to a room and feel luxurious.
4. When I lived in Pennsylvania, I had a large wonderful library nearby that I went to on a monthly basis. It had aisles of old decorating and craft books that I would check out to inspire me to come up with new ideas. There is not one here in South Carolina which makes me kind of sad. Bookstores are getting harder to find too. When I saw this, it made me smile.
5. I am going to take tomorrow off from painting the kitchen cabinets and head up to Charlotte, NC to attend, The Nest Fest. If you read Myquillyn…aka The Nester‘s blog, then you may have read about it. There will be 50 vendors of furniture, home goods, jewelry, art and more! Plus music and food and hanging out on Myquillyn’s 12 acre property outside Charlotte.
It is forecasted to be a gorgeous day, perfect fall sweater weather. I am looking forward to a day spent outdoors, shopping, eating and just getting away from all my projects. I will share photos on Instagram.
Well, that’s it for now, but I will be back next week to update you on my kitchen progress along with another smaller project that I have been working on when I put my paint brush down.
I hope you have a wonderfully perfect fall weekend. Enjoy!