Now we are officially in the holiday season. I am striving to keep the next month as simple and stress-free as I can this year from decorating, entertaining, to shopping. Next week I will share how I am decorating my house. Today I am sharing a few of my favorite things to give you ideas on gifts to give or for you to request.
One way to make my life easier is to shop online. I do still like to spend a day shopping during the holiday season, but most of the gifts I buy are purchased online There are so many good deals and free shipping makes it easy.
I have all of these items. I use or am inspired by them every day and give them my seal of approval :-)
1. Cozy Minimalist Home – I enjoy decorating books and have read many. This book, by fellow blogger, Myquillan Smith/TheNester speaks my language. I highly recommend it. The contents of the book go beyond style and will help you to really learn to how to edit your decor to create cozy spaces that feel and look perfect for your personal decorating style and taste.
2. Hygge and West Home: Design for a Cozy Life – Since moving to live on the shores of a lake where we have trees and nature all around, I have found my style is leaning to a more casual, nature inspired decor. Of all the Hygge books on the market, I found this one the most inspiring.
3. Automatic Wine Bottle Opener – This automatic electric corkscrew removes any cork from a wine bottle on contact, you don’t even have to remove the foil around the top of the bottle. It then immediately ejects the cork. Simply place the electric opener over a bottle of wine, then let the corkscrew do the rest.
4. Japanese Quince Candle – I usually can’t tolerate scented candles, but this one I have no problem with. It smells sooooo good. I have linked to it many times in my posts. It makes a great hostess gift.
5. Ticket to Ride – I am not a huge lover of playing board games, but this summer my oldest daughter and son-in-law brought this game to play when they came to visit. I loved it. We played it over and over again. I have bought a few to give friends and family this year. It is fun for the whole family to play.
6. Black Leggings with handy Side Pocket – I have had these leggings listed in my Fashion Shop page since last year. I live in them. In the summer, I have the cropped version. They are the best leggings for around the house or working out. The side pocket is genius… perfect for keys or a cellphone so when I go out to get my 10,000 steps a day I don’t have to hold anything in my hand. I bought a few pairs just in case they stop selling them.
7. Cozy Cabin Crew Socks – I received two pairs of these cozy socks last year for Christmas. I wore them all winter long and just started wearing them again when the temps dropped a few weeks ago. They are plush and toasty providing unbeatable warmth so every step feels like you’re walking in a winter wonderland. They have held up perfectly after many wearings and washings. I would like a few more pairs this year.
8. Dutch Oven – I am not a foodie, but when I cook or bake I want to do it in style to help me enjoy the process. I need a new dutch oven and like the handle and color choices this one has.
9. FitBit Charge 3 – I recently read that for healthy bodies “sitting” is considered the new “smoking”. Over the last 10 months I have been wearing a Fitbit to remind me to move every day. It, along with eating right has helped me lose 26 pounds. I highly recommend it as it really does remind you to get up and move.
11. Chalk Paint Brush Set – When painting furniture, I have always used regular Purdy paint brushes. Earlier this fall I used a rounded end Chalk Paint brush and was blown away by how easily and even the paint went on. I will never use a regular paint brush again when painting furniture.
12. Faux Fur Ruched Throw – I change the throws on my sofa each season. This faux fur one though is my favorite and stays in the room all the time. It is perfect any season as it is so soft, not scratchy, washes and looks like new and is perfect to snuggle under when there is a fire in the fireplace or in the summer when the AC is cranked up.
13. Match Stick Holder – I love everything about matchsticks and matchbooks. I have quite a collection of matchbooks and can never pass up a stylish matchstick holder. I like that this one is all white and will go with any color or style of decor.
14. Hearth and Hand Home Soap – I linked to this Hearth and Hand soap that you can get at Target. It is in the Magnolia Home Collection. I love the amber bottle sitting by my kitchen sink. I also buy the Garrison Home brand that you can buy at HomeGoods and TJMaxx. It comes both in hand soap and dish soap. They smell wonderful.
To find more gift ideas. I have more over on my: SHOP pages.
Handmade and DIY Gift Ideas That You Still Have Time To Make
If you like to make the gifts you give one-of-a-kind, I have posted many affordable DIY’s that can be made in an afternoon or less.
4. Initial Coasters
This time of year we can all benefit from gift ideas both bought and handmade. Do you have any favorite things that would make a great gift? If so, I would love to read about them in the comments.