Fall Leaf Table Setting Place Cards DIY
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read my Disclosure Policy.
How to make fall leaf table place cards for Thanksgiving or fall table settings using brown paper bags and dollar store faux leaves.
I also made a more modern looking fall table place mat using a brown paper bag.
I needed a place card to go with these and came up with this paper leaf table setting place card.
Making these are both easy and inexpensive and only require brown paper or a paper lunch bag, a dollar store silk fall leaf, a pair of scissors, and your computer.
To make things even easier – skip the computer and use your own handwriting.
How to Make Fall Leave Place Cards
1. If you don’t have brown paper, cut Kraft paper to fit into your printer, by tracing a piece of printer paper. Cut out. Make sure to keep lines very straight so it fits perfectly into the printer.
2. In your word processing program write the names of all your dinner guests. Space them out on the page as shown. I used the font: Altast Greeting in 48 pt size.
3. Place brown paper into printer and print out your names.
4. Trace leaf pattern below onto an acetate sheet. (You can get a piece from packaging – box top from greeting cards, etc. or a copy shop.) Cut out.
5. Center clear cut-out leaf over name and trace and cut out the leaf. Repeat for all the other names.
6. Use a hole puncher to make a hole in the leaf. Tie on to a section of a silk leaf with raffia.
The kraft paper place mats for a fall table setting with a doily punch. If you would like oak leaves, head over to this post for a free printable pattern for an oak leaf.
Seriously , your dishes are from Big Lots? I LOVE your dishes ! I’m going to stop by tomorrow and see if they still have them . Your placecard ideas are so creative. I like both of them.
You are ridiculously clever!
Loved this! Thanks for the idea and for including the fonts. lol Donna
They are both very sweet. I am sure I will copy your idea of printing on Kraft paper and cutting out shapes, if not for place cards, for gift name tags.
Maybe Thanksgiving will be such a relaxing day for you that you’ll be able to take photos of your table to share with us. Hope so!
Have a happy Thanksgiving.
I think my favorite is the Dollar Store Silk Leaves and Raffia, but I would not turn either down if I had the opportunity.
I love all of your table settings that I have seen. And I really love your white dinner dishes. White is my favorite of any I have ever had. Believe it or not, the white set I have currently (unbroken) is from Big Lots by Gibson and I think I paid $9.95 (maybe $14.95). I forget exactly since it has been a while now. Sure beats paying 5 times as much like I once did and went to pick them up and they had none & then the ones they replaced and delivered were not decent. Were not oven or microwave proof like they stated they were. UGH.
I hope you post more pictures of your table setting you do this time. The one you decide to use Thanksgiving.
Thanks again for all the clever tutorials you give us all.
Now how smart is that!?! Creative & affordable. I have 17 coming for Thanksgiving! Thanks for the great idea.
I love it! So very pretty, yet inexpensive. It will dress up any Thanksgiving table.
The second name setting is beautiful!