How to make fall leaf table place cards for Thanksgiving or fall table settings using brown paper bags and dollar store faux leaves.
Recently I showed how to make paper bag or kraft paper place mats for a fall table setting with a doily punch.
I also made a more modern looking fall table place mat using a brown paper bag.
I needed a place card to go with these and came up with this paper leaf table setting place card.
Making these are both easy and inexpensive and only require brown paper or a paper lunch bag, a dollar store silk fall leaf, a pair of scissors, and your computer.
To make things even easier – skip the computer and use your own handwriting.
How to Make Fall Leave Place Cards
1. If you don’t have brown paper, cut Kraft paper to fit into your printer, by tracing a piece of printer paper. Cut out. Make sure to keep lines very straight so it fits perfectly into the printer.
2. In your word processing program write the names of all your dinner guests. Space them out on the page as shown. I used the font: Altast Greeting in 48 pt size.
3. Place brown paper into printer and print out your names.
4. Trace leaf pattern below onto an acetate sheet. (You can get a piece from packaging – box top from greeting cards, etc. or a copy shop.) Cut out.
5. Center clear cut-out leaf over name and trace and cut out the leaf. Repeat for all the other names.
6. Use a hole puncher to make a hole in the leaf. Tie on to a section of a silk leaf with raffia.
Very fall-like and ready for turkey.
You May Also Like: