Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday, even more than Christmas. I think it is all about the cozy comforts of the day and family all around just chill’in, watching football and eating till your heart is content. With the crazy world around us, having this day with family is more important to me than ever.
This year, I’m making a point to take the time to reflect on all that I am thankful for. It is a simple list, but one I wanted to share with you.
- My Family – They are my world and what make my life happy and content. They live far away and I don’t get to see all or any of them on a daily basis which makes the next few days even more precious to me.
- My Friends – My life would not be the same without them. They are so supportive and always there for me when I need them.
- My Health – With each passing year I realize how lucky I am to have a body that continues to work as it should. I need to remind myself not to take it for granted.
- Living My Dream – In a few short weeks, Ed and I will start fresh in a place that we have dreamed about all our lives -living in a house with a water view. Having the courage and commitment to do all that it took to get us there is something I am grateful I had in me.
- My Blog – If you told me seven years ago all the things that blogging would bring my way, I would not have believed you. It is the best thing I have done for myself. I am so grateful to be doing what I love best and sharing my passion for all things creative, pretty, and affordable with you.
- You – As I count my blessings this year, you are counted among them. Whether you’ve been a reader for years, stop by every now and then, or this is your first visit, I am eternally grateful for the time you spend with me. In My Own Style would be not be the same without you.
While I am sitting around my table with family this Thanksgiving, you will be on my mind and in my thoughts since you are my online family! XO to each and every one of you.