Since Ed and I made the decision to move, life has been a whirlwind getting the house ready to sell. So much so that I really have not had a chance to think about anything else. Earlier last week when I actually had time to sit at my desk and get some blogging work done, I scheduled a trip to New York City and my heart dropped down into my stomach. It suddenly hit me it that moving south is going to mean my close proximity to NYC will be no more. :-(
I love the vibe that is NYC and have since I was a little girl going to visit my grandmother to dreaming of living in the city like That Girl and then attending college there and of course the shopping!
Tomorrow I am heading to a home decorator’s shopping paradise to attend the grand opening event of the Cost Plus World Market in NYC. It will be a nice break from my moving “To-Do” list.
The store opens in Manhattan this week on Thursday, August 20th. In Chelsea, my old stomping grounds.
This is big news since World Market does not have a huge presence in the northeast! My first foray into a World Market was in Atlanta two years ago. I was attending a conference there. A group of conference goers were heading out to dinner and as we were walking to the restaurant I spotted a World Market.
I had never been in the store before and had only shopped online. After dinner, I headed straight for it and enjoyed discovering unique furniture, home decor, lighting, rugs, and more. I could not buy much on that trip since I could not fit it in my luggage, but now that there is a store closer to me, and in NYC no less, I can enjoy shopping there every time I go to New York for the day or for business.
If you happen to be in NYC this week, beginning Thursday, August 20th through Sunday, August 23rd, Cost Plus World Market will be celebrating their grand opening with several events, special giveaways and offers including a tote bag giveaway to the first 100 customers in the store each day. 10 lucky customers will even find a $50 gift card in their tote each day.
Grand Opening Event: Starting Thursday August – 20th to Sunday the 23rd:
- From 4pm – 7pm there will be music featuring students and alumni from Julliard.
- Cost Plus World Market will be visiting three top park locations in New York on Thursday, August 20th. Each park will be decorated with CPWM products and include a message that invites customers to snap a picture of them with CPWM products using our hashtag #WorldMarketNYC for a chance to win a $50 gift card.
- 50+ gift card giveaways at each location (2 hours each stop), plus a 20% off coupon and tote bag
- For hints on locations , follow CPWM on social media on Thursday, August 20th: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- If you are in NYC this week, click here for a 20% off coupon
Cost Plus World Market is located at 620 Sixth Avenue at 18th Street. It is open 7 days, 8am – 9pm.