Savoy Cabbage Salad Recipe – A Crowd Pleaser
This salad is a crowd pleaser for all ages and the most asked for recipe in my recipe box. It can be made with savoy or napa cabbage. Ramen noodles give it a surprise crunch.
- 1 head savoy cabbage chopped
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 package Ramen noodle soup - chicken flavor
- 1- 2 oz. pkg. Sesame seeds or slivered almonds – I have added both to one salad.
- 6 Tablespoons Nakano Roasted Garlic Rice Wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- Ramen noodle chicken flavor packet
Break up Ramen Noodles on a cookie sheet with sesame seeds and/or almonds. Bake at 325° degrees until a very light golden color. Remove from oven and let cool.
Chop the cabbage into strips and then again crosswise to create bite-size pieces.
Chop the scallions.
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake well.
Right before serving: Mix all the ingredients together and toss until it is mixed well.