No Oil White Bean & Basil Hummus
When eating a whole food, plant-based diet with no oil, it is hard finding store bought hummus with no oil. This recipe tastes the best when you use fresh basil and thyme. You can make it chunky or smooth by how long you mix it in a food processor or blender.
- 2 cups white cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini or less
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt see notes if you want less sodium
- 2-1/2 - 3 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1-2 tbsp water or vegetable broth to thin if desired for smoother consistency
- pepper freshly ground to taste
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except water/veg broth, thyme, and basil.
Puree until smooth. If mixture is too thick, gradually add a little water or vegetable broth until you get the desired smoothness.
Add thyme and basil and puree until smooth.
- Make it chunky to use as a spread on sandwiches or when making a pizza.
- Make it smoother to fill celery sticks or as a dip for carrots.
- Try replacing salt in the recipe with a teaspoon or less of white miso. This will cut down on the sodium.
Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1223mg | Potassium: 1857mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 356mg