Font Cheat Sheets: Bergamot Ornaments Character Map

Last week I was organizing my kitchen – this week, my computer. I have been purging files I no longer want or need and as I was removing files I never use, I remembered I have always wanted to make my own cheat sheet for the free font – Bergamot Ornaments.  The Bergamot Ornaments character maps that I found online never printed out correctly for me, so I never used the font very much.

If you have the font installed on your computer than you know why a cheat sheet is in order.  It really isn’t a font, but decorative flourishes that you can use when making gift tags, chalk board art, scrapbooks, and more.  I would like to use it in my posts, but I can never remember what letter goes with what flourish or ornament and didn’t use it since I could not take the time to click all the letters until I found the flourish I wanted.

So while organizing files I decided to make myself 2 cheat sheets ( lower and upper case keystrokes) and made a free printable of it for you to keep on your desk, too.

I printed mine out on card stock.  They have come in quite handy already.

Free Printable: Bergamot Ornaments Character Map click link to download .pdf

Font Bergamot Ornaments Free Printable

Bergamot Ornaments Character Map

Free Printable:  click link to download .pdf

Font Bergamot Ornaments Cheat Sheet Uppercase Keys

Bergamot Ornaments Character Map Upper Case Keys

Lots of pretty, fun, and useful images that I will put to use now  because I know what flourish goes with what letter on the keyboard.

I need to make more of these cheat sheets that I can’t find online – it takes some time, but in the long run, they will save me oodles in search time when I am creating graphics, gift cards, and chalkboard art.

Comments

Wonderful! Thank you for the cheat sheet and the referral to the font, i love it! This is going to be so useful! :)

What a great idea…and incentive to get busy and identify my other fonts. It’s frustrating when you’re ready to make something only to have to “seek and ye shall find” all the keys to fit the design. Kudos to you for setting such a fine example!

3. Michelle says

Do you use a windows operating system? If you do, there is a great accessory called “character map.” As a graphic designer I found it very handy. I believe if you go to the accessories tab in your program list on the start tab you should be able to find it. It gives you every character on that font and what key to use. You can also pick and paste it into the document you’re working on. I added it to my frequent programs bar to make it easily accessible.

4. Christy Keyton says

Michelle – that is awesome. I found character map in my apps! Thank you!
    And thanks, Diane, for your great tips and printables!

5. Marsha Milstock says

Diane and family,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your father, Grandfather,….
    Your mother’s idea of taking your father’s Christmas red shirt and making it into ornaments is brilliant.
    A big hug
    Marsha

6. Dorothy says

I took some time this morning and read several of your posts. I started with the chalk paint then looked at your fonts. just wanted you to know that I really like your blog. I have found several things that are very helpful and that I will try. Thanks again, Dorothy

Hi Dorothy – Thanks so much for taking the time to connect and say hi. It is nice to know that you found ideas and inspiration in the pages of my blog. That makes my day! I truly enjoy sharing what I know and try to mix things up to keep it interesting – decor, home improvement, a few crafts, travels… and even a recipe from time to time. When I started to use DIY chalk paint it ignited my passion for making over furniture. I love the stuff and will be experimenting more to see what other good things we can do with it.