My House: Paint Colors

This post is long overdue. I get many emails from readers asking me to post the wall paint colors in my house. I promised each of them I would get this posted soon.  For all of you that have asked – thanks for being so patient.

Wall paint colors bloggers use

The paint colors on the walls in my house are all on the lighter end of the color range.  Ed and I have found with lots of trial and error that we like white and light colors on our walls. We know because we have painted many rooms over the years in a wide range of colors – light and dark.

Some of the wall colors that I used are custom made colors by me!  To use up leftover paint, I have been known to mix leftover colors to get one gallon of paint in a new color I like.   In the rooms where I did this, I looked through my paint chip decks from Glidden, Sherwin Williams, and Benjamin Moore to find a match to list here.

I use all brands of paint, a satin finish on the walls, and semi-gloss or gloss on the trim.

Trim Color

First floor:  Sherwin Williams – Alabaster #7008, except in my Studioffice. It is Glidden Trim & Door paint in Extra High Gloss White GL-100

Bedrooms:  Sherwin Williams – Antique White #6119

Front Door

Monogram-Wreath-For-Fall_thumb

Sherwin Williams:  Dewberry #6552  Gloss

Related Post:  How to Make a Large Cut-Out Monogram for a Wreath

Foyer

Bright-and-white-doors

Walls:

Benjamin Moore:  Edgecomb Gray  #HC-173

Stencil on walls – Glidden – White White  Stencil Pattern on far wall:  Large Marrakesh Trellis Moroccan pattern from Royal Design Stencils.

Dining Room

Dining-Room-Decorating-Ideas

Walls:

Benjamin Moore – Shelburne Buff  #HC-28.

Since painting the corner hutch turquoise and stripping the table and finishing it with a Driftwood Finish, I want to repaint this room soon.  Not sure what color yet, but when I post about it, I will add it here.

Studioffice

Office-desk In My Own Style blog

Walls:  Glidden – Pink Petal White

Related posts:  High Gloss Desk Makeover

Family Room

1-Family-Room-cabinet-and-t_thumb

Walls:  Sherwin Williams – Natural Choice  #7011

Kitchen

Kitchen-Decorating-Ideas-on-a-Budget-using-color

Walls: Sherwin Williams – Natural Choice #7011

Cabinets:  Sherwin Williams – Pure White #7005.

I have to paint the rest of the trim in the kitchen to match this. It is still the original to the house trim color – Sherwin Williams Antique White #6119. You can see it on the door.

Related Posts:  How to Make a Memo Board for a Cabinet Door

Plates-hanging-on-kitchen-wall

Wallpaper:  Graham and Brown Vinyl Grasscloth  Pattern # 25-221A

I bought it at Lowes. They still carry it.

Mudroom

IMG_9983

Walls: Glidden –  Gentle Clarity #A1233   Glidden Crisp Linen White WGW47

The room is in the middle of a makeover that is not finished yet, but I wanted to include it in this post.  I stripped the room down to the bare bones and have been working my way around it.   I will have a few new photos to show you soon when the room is completed.

Laundry-Room-Decorating-Ideas

Previous color:  Sherwin Williams Rural Green #6418

Related Post:  How to Draw Designs on Furniture: Letter and Chevron with free printable pattern

Master Bedroom

2-ottoman

Walls: Rhythmic Blue #6806

Related Posts:  How to Make a No- Sew Ottoman

Master Bath

Large-Bathroom-Decorating-Ideas---Install-a-Rolling-Door-from-Rolling-Door-Designs

Walls:  Sherwin Williams – Natural Choice #7011

Accent wall around shower:   Graham and Brown Vinyl Grasscloth  Pattern # 25-221A

Related posts:  How to Install a Rolling Door

Guest Room

3D-Mirror-Gallery-on wall

Related posts:  How to Create a 3D Mirror Gallery Wall  and How to Update a Hand-Me Down Dresser with Gift Wrap

guest-room-bed

Walls:  Sherwin Williams Softer Tan #6141

Hall Bathroom

Hall Bath-Window-Bi

Board and Batten and trim:  Valspar Bistro White  Semi-gloss

Walls above board and batten:  I made this color by mixing two colors of paint together to match the tub surround. I matched it to:  Benjamin Moore Palace White #OC-100

Related posts:  How I Updated a Bathroom for $265

__________________________________________

As I repaint walls – which I do a lot :)  I will update this post.

Now for all of you who have asked for a list of the paint colors I used for the furniture makeovers I have posted – coming soon.

_________________

You can tour the entire house and see more photos and the details in each room, here.

sponsored

Comments

1. Jill says

Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see the new color you select for your dining room. Love the hutch. Are you planning bold and bold? It would be so fun! Hope you have a great weekend!

I love your home… It looks so clean, crisp and comfortable.

I love your antique pieces too. Is your home a historical house?

3. Sheryll & Critters. says

You already know that I am in total love with everything about your home that you have designed…… ya know my wish list and all is still about your decor.

It is just that January o1, 2014 has hit me very hard…. crushed me as a retired on Social Security…. what a slap in the face for me…… rude, rude and ruder! So I can no longer even hope to fix the broken parts, much less hope to make it pretty……… darn them and all.

Sheryll & Critters
    Don’t give up on your house or your dreams. I’m on Social Seurity too.
    If you go to Lowe’s Paint Department and Home Depot contractors Department they often have paint at a deep discount. (rejects) I have gotten some great colors of paint at $5.00 per gallon. Also check your magazines for free samples at Lowe’s. I am picking up some great tricks from Diane. Of course there is always Garage Sales. I bought a great dresser from my neighbor for $20.00 + $5.00 for paint.

Keep busy and you won’t have time to be depressed.

Nancy

5. Sheryll & Critters. says

Awwwh thank you ever so much Nancy Wharton. I have only EVER purchased reject paint….. but that only works for tinted…. I was so desperately wanting a very shiny, glossy, purest white for my baseboards….. yes, I am laughing too. I want a white with at least an ounce of pure white pigment added……. yes, again, I know. lol

6. Liz says

I’d love to know how you hung your picture frames in the guest bedroom, so neat!! Also, the dresser in there has a print on the top, how did you do that? SO creative and inspired by these! I’m a new mom and a new to the stay-at-home mother/one income household now, so any way I can decorate on a dime excited me lol

7. carol says

I love your work. I want to try to do this tomorrow in my bathroom. As a senior homemaker it looks like I can do it. Thank you.

8. Joanna says

I have recently discovered your awesome blog and am going to do the monograms soon! I would like to know where you got (or if you made) the shelf over your washer and dryer? We live in military housing and have a garage laundry. Something like that shelf would be great since it doesn’t look permanent.

Hi Joanna – Your question about the shelves over my washer/dryer is the #1 question I receive. I bought it at a store called Clover 20 years ago. The store was like a small Walmart. I have searched online for them, but they do not make them anymore. Someone should since I can know for a fact they would be a big seller.

9. Joanna says

You really got me thinking, since those shelves aren’t available anymore. I might try to rig one up with some PVC and some wire shelves!

I love your decorating ideas! I bought everything to make the giant monograms today (that was what got me to your site).

10. nerissa says

Do you have any more after pictures of the daybed you painted? I have that exact same daybed and would love to see how it turned out. THANK YOU!!

Hi Nerissa – Sorry I don’t have a photo of it with the mattress in it. Once I painted the bed in my garage it went into a moving truck to my daughters apartment. Her room was so small and dark that I could not get a good shot of it.