Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day? Ed and I will be staying home and probably go to the movies after making a special dinner that I have not yet decided on. I have, however figured out how I will set the table, but know I will use a heart shaped napkin fold to make the table a little extra special.
I am keeping it simple since it is just the two of us, but I wanted it to reflect the occasion.
One easy way to do this is to simply fold the dinner napkins in a heart shape and place them on the center of the plate. It is very easy…1…2…3…simple. No complicated folds and once you make one, you won’t even need to look at the step-by-step instructions again.
How to Create an Easy Heart Shaped Napkin Fold:
You will need a napkin. I used 18″ square red cloth ones, but paper will work just fine.
Napkin sizes vary, so the size of your heart may be larger or smaller than mine. If your napkins have wrinkles in them, they will look better when pressed.
1. Fold the napkin in half lengthwise, press if necessary.
2. Fold it in half again, bringing the edges together.
3. With a finger at the center bottom, fold one side up.
4. Fold other other side up so both sides meet.
5. Turn the napkin over, keeping the point towards you.
6. Fold in each of the four top corners so that you make four small triangles. Use an iron to press the folds in place.
Turn the napkin over to finish.
If you don’t have napkins, fabric yardage cut to size or dishtowels can be folded in the same way.
To download the letter initial hearts, you will find the link in this post: Valentine Crafts – Free Printable Initial Hearts
Now I have to think of something delish to make for dinner. Lobster tails are my fave.
And something festive to drink.
How about you, what are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Anything special you like to do with your Valentine?