How to make and serve a Valentine’s Day pancake breakfast for your family or special somebody.
These pretty and very delicious Valentines inspired pancakes are brought to you today by my daughter,Kelly. They are so easy to make and I warn you… you better make a quadruple batch as everyone will love them and want more than a few. :-)
Earlier this morning I was working out and Kelly came down with a plate in her hand and said…
…”Mom, here is a Valentine breakfast idea for your blog.”
Don’t you just love when your kids are so cute and thoughtful? I stopped working out and came upstairs to take pictures.
You can make any pancake batter you like (I am including our favorite pancake Creme Fraiche pancake recipe below.)
- Add red food coloring until you get a pink color, then cook them on a hot griddle.
- Cut a heart shape from a scrap piece of cardboard.
- Place in the center of each pancake and sift powdered sugar on.
- Remove the heart and you will begin to enjoy the best Valentine Breakfast Pancakes you ever had.
Creme Fraiche Pancakes
- 2 cups crème fraiche or sour cream (we have always used sour cream)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla extract
1. Combine sour cream, eggs, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Blend on high speed until well mixed, about 20 seconds. Stir in melted butter.
2. Ladle a mixture on griddle in small circles to form pancakes.
3. Flip when bubbles appear.