A Heart-y Breakfast for Your Valentine
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read my Disclosure Policy.
How to make and serve a Valentine’s Day pancake breakfast for your family or special somebody.
These pretty and very delicious Valentines inspired pancakes are brought to you today by my daughter,Kelly. They are so easy to make and I warn you… you better make a quadruple batch as everyone will love them and want more than a few. :-)
Earlier this morning I was working out and Kelly came down with a plate in her hand and said…
…”Mom, here is a Valentine breakfast idea for your blog.”
Don’t you just love when your kids are so cute and thoughtful? I stopped working out and came upstairs to take pictures.
You can make any pancake batter you like (I am including our favorite pancake Creme Fraiche pancake recipe below.)
- Add red food coloring until you get a pink color, then cook them on a hot griddle.
- Cut a heart shape from a scrap piece of cardboard.
- Place in the center of each pancake and sift powdered sugar on.
- Remove the heart and you will begin to enjoy the best Valentine Breakfast Pancakes you ever had.
Creme Fraiche Pancakes
- 2 cups crème fraiche or sour cream (we have always used sour cream)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla extract
1. Combine sour cream, eggs, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Blend on high speed until well mixed, about 20 seconds. Stir in melted butter.
2. Ladle a mixture on griddle in small circles to form pancakes.
3. Flip when bubbles appear.
Diane & Kelly-
I love this idea! I may just have to make these tomorrow morning. Happy Valentine’s Day!
oh my…those look so good. I am going to have to make them thank you for posting….:)
Don’t daughters just have the best hearts. I love the way my girls are already nuturing, and it seems that your daughter is also. Tell her I love this idea, she is very clever just like her sweet momma. Hope you guys have a great weekend.
Thanks for stopping by just now! I love your blog– and I love this recipe! We have just about all the ingredients in house, so I might have to try this for the baby in the morning; tomorrow is her 17 month birthday (yes, we’re still at the stage where we mark every single month!).
So many great ideas here! Off to look around some more!
Confessions From A Working Mom