These pretty and very delicious Valentines inspired pancakes are brought to you today by my daughter, Kelly. Earlier this morning I was working out and Kelly came down with a plate in her hand and said “Mom, here is a Valentine breakfast idea for your blog.” Don’t you just love when your kids are so cute and thoughtful? I stopped working out and came upstairs to take pictures.
Creme Fraiche Pancakes
- 2 cups crème fraiche or sour cream (we have always used sour cream)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- Vanilla extract
1. Combine sour cream, eggs, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Blend on high speed until well mixed, about 20 seconds. Stir in melted butter.
2. Ladle a mixture on griddle in small circles to form pancakes.
3. Flip when bubbles appear.