Disclosure policy for InMyOwnStyle.com is valid from May 24, 2018
InMyOwnStyle.com is a personal blog written and edited by Diane Henkler.
- For questions about this blog, please contact: Diane at: [email protected]
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials to protect you from misleading advertising that’s been paid for by a company. Because In My Own Style is an income source and does occasionally include endorsements and testimonials, it’s important to disclose the following:
I only endorse and promote products I trust and use for myself.
- This blog is a source of income and may be used to promote products, services, or other businesses.
- I only share and promote products/services/businesses that I have actually used and that believe could be beneficial to you.
- Affiliate links are used in some posts where I make a small percentage of each sale. This is one way I make money from blogging. It does not result in additional charges or cost you anything extra.
- Mentions of related products/services/businesses within the content of my blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
- Products provided to me for review are given free of charge. However, this doesn’t guarantee a positive review – I always review honestly and openly. I do not endorse or post about products I don’t believe in.
- My goal is to share my expertise and provide helpful content while generating a small profit to make a living for myself.
- I am also a paid blogger for True Value Hardware and Glidden paint blog, My Colortopia
I earn a living as a blogger in the following ways:
The ads you see on https://InMyOwnStyle.com are Google Adsense ads managed by AdThrive.com. These appear in my blog sidebar, header and footer and in posts on my site. These are images that clearly look like advertisements.
2. Affiliate links
Most of my posts are DIY project tutorials. When applicable I show products I recommend by linking to those items on affiliate sites. These links are a helpful way to show which products I am using in my projects so you know what to look for no matter where you shop. I make a small percentage of a sale that the retailer pays, never a reader.
In My Own Style is affiliated by Reward Style, a program that pays me a small commission if a reader purchases through a link. Example of a RewardStyle link: http://rstyle.me….
In My Own Style, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising (at no additional cost to you) and linking to Amazon.com. Example of an Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2KocNbb
- Commission Junction:
In My Own Style is affiliated with CJ, a program that pays me a small commission if a reader purchases through a link on my site. Example of a CJ link: http://www.anrdoezrs.net/links/
5. Sponsored Posts
I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I sometimes receive compensation for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The comments section on my blog is a place to support, empower and encourage. I love reading every comment and considering your opinions and ideas. But, I ask that we are kind and respectful to each other. And I do reserve the right to remove comments that don’t fit into this space.
This disclosure is subject to change without notice and was last updated on Monday November 23, 2015. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Diane Henkler (me.) Unless otherwise stated, all photos are taken by me.
Any tutorials published on this blog are always tested in my own home, by me. What I write about and share is the whole truth, usually with photos included. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if you attempt one of my projects and it doesn’t turn out like you expected. This includes recipes. I present my methods to the best of my ability. If you don’t agree with my method(s) please don’t attempt the project. I share what works for me. It may not necessarily work for you.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information displayed on this website, In My Own Style/Diane Henkler makes no guarantee as to the procedures & information contained here. The publisher will not be liable for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages in connection with or arising from the use of the information displayed on this website. In My Own Style is not intended to substitute for the advice of a professional.