Disclosure policy for InMyOwnStyle.com is valid from January 1, 2012
InMyOwnStyle.com is a personal blog written and edited by Diane Henkler.
- For questions about this blog, please contact: Diane at: email@example.com
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials to protect you from misleading advertising that’s been paid for by a company. Because In My Own Style is an income source and does occasionally include endorsements and testimonials, it’s important to disclose the following:
- This blog is a source of income and may be used to promote products, services, or other businesses.
- I only share and promote products/services/businesses that I have actually used and that believe could be beneficial to you.
- Affiliate links are used in some posts where I make a small percentage of each sale. This is one way I make money from blogging. It does not result in additional charges or cost you anything extra.
- Mentions of related products/services/businesses within the content of my blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
- Products provided to me for review are given free of charge. However, this doesn’t guarantee a positive review – I always review honestly and openly. I do not endorse or post about products I don’t believe in.
- My goal is to share my expertise and provide helpful content while generating a small profit to make a living for myself.
- I am also a paid blogger for True Value Hardware and Glidden paint blog, My Colortopia
Cookies & 3rd Party Advertisements
I allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit my web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
The comments section on my blog is a place to support, empower and encourage. I love reading every comment and considering your opinions and ideas. But, I ask that we are kind and respectful to each other. And I do reserve the right to remove comments that don’t fit into this space.
This disclosure is subject to change without notice and was last updated on Monday November 23, 2015. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org