Since moving to South Carolina, my focus has been on updating my new house at least to a point where we would feel good in each room. I am happy to report that we just completed one of the bigger updates – the powder room makeover that Ed started last week as a surprise to me. It is mostly done except for a few touch-ups.
Oh my goodness, it turned out better than I imagined and the best part…we used mostly items we already had to keep the cost down. I will post all about it next week along with two other projects that have been keeping me busy behind the scenes here on my blog.
Today I want to share a smaller project with you.
Before I moved, I was thinking a lot about the color pink for my studioffice.
In my previous studioffice I had made a pink and white skirt for the sewing machine table and added new pink magazine files from IKEA to the bookcases. I had planned to also paint the armoire that I call my “crafts cabinet” a shade of pink.
Those plans got put on the back burner when we decided to move while I had to focus my time and energy on all that was needed to do to get through selling a house and moving.
Now that it has been one year since we made the decision to move and we are pretty much settled and have done some needed updates and renovations to our new house. I am happy that I am able to get back into getting some smaller and creative projects completed to share with you besides big renovations and makeovers.
One of these projects is to paint this desk that was left by the previous owner of the house. It was in an upstairs closet. We moved it and cut the top to fit in my studioffice. I no longer need my previous sewing machine table since I can place my sewing machine on the desk. It gives me much more space to work when I take on a sewing project now.
As you can see, I have a pile of drapes to still get sewn together for the sliding glass doors in the living room and kitchen. I plan to use the pink cow print tablecloth fabric to make a new cover for the chair and a cover for the sewing machine when not in use.
I want to paint the armoire pink. I did strip one of the drawers over a year ago to see if I liked the color of the wood, I didn’t, so at least I found that out and knew I would go forward with painting it. I primed the stripped drawer so all is ready to be painted.
I have looked at dozens of pink paint chips from many different paint companies, but the lighting in the room, muddies most of the colors.
I want the color to look as fresh and clean as the peonies on my desk.
I found the color I liked best in a craft paint bottle. I am going to make chalk paint out of it using a new recipe and paint the armoire pink.
When many of us will be seeing red, white, and blue this upcoming 4th of July weekend. I will be seeing Pink….stay tuned.