Over the past week, even with a few problems happening, like cable and internet service going down and having to deal with it, I did manage to get a few things checked off my “to-do” list. The biggest was finishing the makeover of my kitchen table. It came out better than I expected, yet different.
I also put a plan into motion on how I am going to decorate the house for the holidays. This year I want to make the holidays and house feel extra special so that it is cozy and festive pretty much starting now – still keeping the fall touches around for a few more weeks and then going full out for Christmas.
I think the year we have had is making me yearn for a very cozy old-fashioned holiday at home.
The best part of the week though was Ed and I taking a short trip to Virginia to see our daughters and granddaughter for a few days. It was so nice to be able to see them in person and just hang out and enjoy family time.
Whenever we visit them, I like to head to the Pottery Barn store in Charlottesville for decorating inspiration since I don’t have a store near me. I was hoping to see more holiday decor on display, but was told by the salesperson that they haven’t gotten a lot of holiday merchandise in yet and if I wanted something in particular, I should order it online. Sad, but another economic fallout from the pandemic – stores not stocked like they normally would be at this time of the year. :-(
Up on the blog this week I will be sharing a few projects with you, starting with my kitchen table makeover So stay tuned.
For now – here are a few things I found inspiring this week:
- Look what you can do with hangers – very creative.
- Ten ways to be happier at home.
- I love the DIY round mirror this blogger made for her entryway.
- The coolest bookstore on the planet!
- Currently reading this.
- I went to high school with this architect – love the coastal vibe of his firm’s designs, as well as the Before and After Exterior Makeovers that change plain homes to look like homes that have been standing for generations.
- Tips for mixing wood finishes in your home.
- When your daily life get busy… How to relax.
- One rustic way you can upscale a plastic Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin.
- One of my favorite books and 1940’s era movies has been remade on Netflix. I plan to watch it tonight. Have you watched it?
- True stories that you didn’t learn in history class.