Father’s Day is Sunday June 18th. It will be here before we know it. I wanted to share something I made that I would love to give my dad for Father’s Day if he was still alive. :-( It is a super easy Father’s Day gift bag to make…
…or even a way to wrap a gift for any occasion for the men in your life.
All you need is a flat bottom paper bag of any size, ribbon, and a pair of scissors.
If your gift is large, you can even use a brown paper grocery bag and a real men’s tie instead of a piece of ribbon.
Paper bags come in all colors and sizes, check at the craft, party, or dollar store to find them if you don’t already have one stashed away somewhere in your house that you could use.
How to Make a Father’s Day Gift Bag that Resembles a Shirt and Tie
- Paper bag – any size
- 15″ of ribbon, more if you have a large bag
- Optional – Small buttons and a glue stick
1. Figure out how wide your ribbon is. Mine was 1-inch wide. I cut the length to 24 inches.
2. Lay bag on work surface and fold over mouth of bag twice (folding away from you) making sure the folds are the same width or wider than the ribbon you are using. I made each of my folds 1 -1/4″ wide.
3. Clip into right and left side of the bag directly under the fold, cutting in to about 1/3 the width of the bag on each side.
4. Fold each side into the center of the bag…
…to create the look of a dress shirt collar.
6. Place gift inside bag.
7. Center ribbon and place under fold.
8. Bring sides of collar together and tie ribbon into a knot. If you don’t know how to tie a men’s tie, here is a good tutorial. You can also simply tie the ribbon into a knot.
Optional: Use a glue stick to attach small buttons to the points on the collar.
I know my Dad would love this and bring a smile to his face.
Do you have something to give your father this year? If not, I will soon be sharing some gift ideas to fill these Father’s Day gift bags that would be a fun project to make with your kids or grandchildren. XO
On another note, I also will be posting what I have been up to that has me moving quite a lot of furniture. Till then… XO