How was your week?
I have been traveling since last week and got home yesterday. I enjoy traveling and decided to tag along on a business trip with Ed to NYC.
While he was attending to business all day, I enjoyed walking around a blustery and freezing NYC.
On Monday my sisters drove up from suburban Philadelphia for the day. We had a fun day enjoying NYC together. We had lunch at Eataly, walked along the High Line, shopped and then ended the day with High Tea at Bergdorf Goodman. I don’t get to see them as much since Ed and I moved to SC. I didn’t take any photos except this selfie as it was toooo cold to take my gloves off to do so. :-) We bought the matching purple scarves from a street vendor to be silly sisters….
…and yes, I stopped dying my hair. My grey has become resistant to the dye and fighting the grey strip along my part was just too time consuming and messy to deal with covering up on a daily basis. I needed to have my hair colored every 3 weeks, too time consuming and expensive, plus I don’t want to use harsh chemicals on or around me anymore. The growing out process is time-consuming, I will write a post about it once my own hair color is all that is left.
I told you I would tell you more about the fan I added in the guest room that I posted about two weeks ago. It is from Hunter. The model is: Apache in the Noble Bronze Finish. It has an LED light and comes with wall mountable controls. It really whips around and not only looks cool, but adds a cool masculine vibe to the room also.
Interesting and Inspiring Things I Read this Week:
- Lamp shopping – I need a new reading light by one of my new recliners in my living room. The previous pharmacy-style table lamp I had fell and broke. :-( I am not too sad since it sat too low on the table to be a true reading lamp. In my search, this is the most affordable one I like so far. I like this one also, but it is not as affordable, but I like the styling and it does look better made. Do you know of any stylish affordable brass/gold and or white floor lamps I should take a look at?
- Since moving to the lake I have become an avid bird-watcher. I found this fascinating… If birds left tracks in the sky.
- Why you should never wear shoes in your house.
- Many of you leave me comments and emails asking me how I can get so many projects done. Here are 3 time management tips that I agree with and do myself.
- If you follow a lot of DIY blogs then you may have read this week about the Top 10 DIY Projects of the 2017. I entered my Under the Staircase Closet with a Hidden Door and made it into the Top 10! If you like to see affordable and creative DIY projects, head over to Not Just a Housewife to see and vote for your favorite project. I would love it if you voted for mine. :-) Voting is at the end of the post. Mine is the first one in the voting list: Under Stairs Storage
- Remember when I posted about this Computer Desktop Organizer? Well if you enjoyed using it the past two years then you may want a change. This week, I found this one over at Lark and Linen.
- Facebook Update – Facebook changes are going to make it harder to keep up with everything that’s happening in your online community by showing you fewer posts of what you may have been enjoying in your News Feed in the past. You can still make sure you see the latest posts from the Facebook Pages you follow, your favorite blogs and websites by following these very easy steps:
If You Read Facebook on a Desktop or Laptop Computer:
I will show you how-to change a few settings using my Facebook page as an example.
Click here to go to my In My Own Style Facebook page and look at the upper right part of the page.
- Make sure you “Like” my – In My Own Style page. Then, next to the “Like” button, you’ll see the word “Following.”
- Roll your cursor over it and then choose “See First” and “On (Events, Suggested Live Videos).”
If you want to control how you’re notified when I post something new, click the small pencil icon next to the word “Notification” and make your choices.
Follow these steps for all the blogs, brands and websites you follow.
That’s it! You’re done.
How to do this on your phone or tablet
Do you stream through Facebook on your phone or tablet? On your phone, click the link to go to my Facebook page In My Own Style Facebook page . Right under the photo at the top, find the word “Follow” or “Following.”
- If you see the word “Follow,” click it and then click “See First.” That’s all there is to it!
Now you will be able to still see posts from me and if you do this for all the sites you follow they will still come up in your news feed.
Read anything interesting or inspiring online this week? If you did, share it in the comments. I would love to find out what you are have enjoyed online.