How to Make a Tiffany Box Christmas Tree Ornament
- Gift Box
- Hole Punch
- 8” length of ribbon
- Straight Pin
- 20 gauge wire (jewelry making)
- 3 – 2” long endpins
- 1 large jump ring and 3 small jump rings
1. Open box and mark center on the top part of the lid and box with a pencil. Using a hole punch, punch a hole in each, making sure they line up when closed.
2. Fold ribbon in half and thread a large-hole bead, decorative ring, or button onto the ribbon.
3. Thread ribbon through the lid hole first, then the box.
4. Tie ends into knot. Pull ribbon so knot is securely against the inside of the box and the bead, ring, or button is against the outside of the box.
5.Turn the lid so the box and lid are lined up correctly.
6. Mark center on bottom part of lid and box with a pencil and push a straight pin through each to make a small hole. Cut a 5” piece of 20 gauge wire and tie or wrap it around a jump ring. Pull wire through hole from the inside to the outside of the box until jump ring is against the inside of the box.
7. Thread wire through lid and then pull wire through and close the box.
8. Thread a button through the wire so it is against the outside of the box. Create a wrapped loop right against the button. Clip excess wire off.
9. Make beaded dangles on endpins and create wrapped or simple loops on the top of the top bead. Cut excess wire off. (see post archive: “Jeweled Paper Clips” on how-to make dangles and a wrapped loop.)
10. Attach dangles with small jump rings to the wrapped loop on the box. Hang on your tree.
Want more creative Christmas ornament and decorating ideas? Click over to my —–> Holiday Project Gallery