I was going to post a kitchen makeover update with you today, but yesterday my good friend, Neve posted something on Facebook that resonated with me so much that I wanted to share it here on my blog with you today instead. I will post the kitchen update next week.
If you are a mom, and one with older children, I know you will love what my friend shared, too. It will make you smile, it will make you cry. It will have you saying to yourself.. “Wow, exactly my thoughts, wish I wrote it” and something you will want to share with your kids when they ask you….
…”Mom, what do you want for Christmas?”
I have everything I need…and am not in want for much. My dream came true last year when we moved to live along the shores of a lake. I am quite happy and content. Most of what I want these days is stuff from the home improvement store, but this is what I will tell my daughters this year when they ask me….
What Do You Want For Christmas Mom?
I want you. I want you to keep coming around, I want you to bring your (future) kids around, I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help. I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever.
Tell me about your jobs, your worries, your spouses, your kids, your fur babies. I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Come over and laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don’t care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.
I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way I knew how, and I’m not bragging, but we did a pretty darn good job. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work, I’m pretty proud of it.
Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don’t mind. In fact, I wouldn’t want it any other way.
I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your families, I have the things I need. I want to see you happy and healthy.
When you ask me what I want for Christmas, I say “nothing” because you’ve already been giving me my gift all year. I want you.
I don’t know who the author is of the above words, but if you know, I would love to credit them for writing exactly my thoughts so beautifully.
When I tell my girls I have everything I need… they will say, “I know Mom, but I still want to get you something”
Well, OK…I really don’t need anything, but here are few material things that would be nice to have around when you are not. :-)
1. Set of 5 Multi-Colored Wooden Spoons – I love white rooms with color pops. These will look perfect in my kitchen, once I get the makeover completed.
3. One Button Fleece Wrap – I work from home, but like to look a little stylish so when the doorbell rings, I am not hiding because I am in an old pair of leggings and a paint splattered sweatshirt. This wrap fits the bill of style and comfort and comes in lots of colors. It can also be worn a few different ways.
4. YSL Radiant Touch – There is nothing worse when someone tells you that you look tired, when you’re not. This take-anywhere concealer pen-brush adds a touch of light to your skin, banishing shadows and signs of fatigue and brightening your complexion. It’s like getting eight hours of sleep with the click of a pen.
5. White Scissors – A pretty pair that I will keep in my desk drawer and that I will keep from getting glue, glitter, paint and other stuff on. A pair I won’t try to cut wire with. A pair that will look pretty in my blog photos.
6. Microwave Booties – When I am writing blog posts late at night, these will keep my feet feeling warm and comfy.
7. Meyer Lemon Kitchen Set – Something to smell good when I am cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes.
What are you asking for this year for Christmas? Is nothing the best from your children, too? :-)
My favorite post: The Best Two DIY Projects I Ever Made