If you are planning a party and are searching for a fun drink to serve over the holiday season, this Bourbon Slush recipe is a crowd pleaser. It can be make in advance and frozen until you need it. Use a punch bowl to serve.
Do you have any plans to entertain family or friends or need a little something in the way of refreshment after a day of Christmas shopping at the mall? If so, I thought I would share my favorite festive holiday drink with you as the Countdown to Christmas continues.
My friend, Karen serves this at her annual Christmas cookie exchange party every year. Since then it has become one of my favorite drinks. I call it a drink, but it is more like a dessert in a glass that you enjoy eating with a spoon rather than drinking.
It can be served using a punch bowl or simply spooned into glasses. I usually use wine glasses with jingle bells tied onto the stem of the glass.
To serve it this year, I saw these colorful Marta Double Old-Fashioned glasses from CB2 when I was in NYC. I loved the colors and price tag. They are wide enough to use a spoon and a straw and look festive when grouped together on a serving tray.
- Punch Bowl
- 2 tea bags
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 oz. orange juice concentrate thawed
- 6 oz. lemonade concentrate thawed
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 6 cups water
- Makes 2 quarts: I mix the ingredients in a large plastic container with a lid that can go in the freezer.
- Steep tea bags in 1 cup boiling water for 15 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw for about 15 minutes, use a large spoon to shave and scoop the slush into glasses.
Once you make a batch, you can spoon out as much as you need to serve for one occasion then store the rest in the freezer for another time.
For an extra yummy treat, it becomes dessert when spooned over ice cream…a bourbon Creamsicle.
Countdown to Christmas
To see what the other bloggers taking part in Countdown to Christmas have created this week, click the links below.
Lily Pad Cottage