My go-to canned potatoes recipe that will have your family reaching for seconds… and maybe even third helpings.
Don’t know what to make for dinner?
Tired of the same thing week after week?
Looking for something easy to make that is guaranteed to make everyone you serve it to reach for seconds?
I have just the recipe. It is something delicious and gourmet… and the best part it’s right in your pantry.
This canned potato recipe came from Ed’s mom. After she became widowed back in the late 80’s, she moved from Annapolis, Maryland to Sanibel Island, Florida to start a new life. She loved living there and found a job working for a caterer on the island.
When we would go to visit her, she always prepared the most delicious food with ease. Everything she made for us was what she learned to make using the caterer’s recipes.
Canned food never tasted so good. The potatoes can be cooked in a skillet or an air fryer.
The secret to their taste is a Florida-made seasoning called Everglades. It adds the most delicious mix of herbs and seasonings that I have never been able to create on my own.
When we run out, I have to buy it online since it is not sold in my local area. When I don’t have it, I substitute Herbamare seasoning that I buy at my local health food store. You can also use your favorite seasoning blend.
How to Make Gourmet Herbed Canned Potatoes
Gourmet Herbed Canned Potatoes
- frying pan or air fryer
- 1 can whole or sliced white potatoes
- 1 heaping tbsp flour
- 1 heaping tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 heaping tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Everglades Seasoning or Herbamare Herbed Sea Salt
- 1 to 2 tbsps butter
- 1 plastic bag or container to mix potatoes and seasonings
- Place potatoes and dry ingredients into a plastic bag or container. Close and then shake together to mix well to coat the potatoes.
- Add butter to frying pan and cook potatoes on medium heat, turning every few minutes until all sides are coated with butter. Cook until a golden brown color and then turn heat to low. Let the potatoes simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Cooking Option: To make the potatoes in an air fryer. Melt butter and add to the dry mix in the bag. Shake bag to coat potatoes. Place in a 350 degree air fryer for 20 minutes. After about 10 minutes, remove basket and shake potatoes. Cook for 10 more minutes and serve.
Making the potatoes is as easy as mix, shake and…
…cook in a saucepan.
When they are golden brown, it is time for delicious. Enjoy!