If this is your first time here… Welcome to In My Own Style.
My name is Diane Henkler and I love adding my own personal style to everything I do.
I would like to explain a little bit about my blog and how to find what you are looking for. You can read more about me and my background on my About Me page.
My motto…“Life it too short to be the caretaker of the wrong details.”
When I hear… “That is so YOU!” It is the best compliment ever. I know I have succeeded in editing my life to live authentically like no one else but myself.
It is the best way to live. It is my hope that I can inspire you to do the same.
If You are Looking for a Place to Find Decorating Inspiration on a Budget you Have Come to the Right Place
My favorite thing to do is help readers create a beautiful home for themselves and their families… on a modest budget!
- Here is what others are saying…
“This blog contains concise, compulsively readable, and approachable DIY projects, with plenty of pictures. Many design blogs just display the finished product, but Diane Henkler shows the process, taking readers through each project step by step.”
“I love Diane and her blog, she shows you with her projects and creative ideas that it is not about having more or less, but about finding what is right for you and YOU alone”
If you are looking for easy, smart, stylish and creative ideas to make your home and life the best they can be on a small budget then you have come to the right place.
Does this sound like you?
- Living life on a budget.
- A creative spirit who loves DIY projects and creative home decor.
- Looking to change some things in your home and you want some ideas on how to transform it without spending a fortune.
- Get more excited when you see a unique table with a $5 price tag at a thrift store than a table at a popular home store at the mall. Knowing that you can make it over to look like one sold at a high end home store.
- Look forward to next month’s decorating magazines with anticipation.
- Love reading home decorating and lifestyle blogs and websites.
- Scour yard sales for items to decorate your home.
- Find scrolling through the images on Pinterest or Instagram as therapy.
- Jump up and down and squeal when the color of paint you chose for your bedroom walls is beyond perfect.
I hope my projects and ideas inspire you to live and decorate authentically in your own style. In a nutshell this blog is where I show how I add my own style to everything in my life…all on a budget.
I hope that you come and peruse my posts and pages and leave excited and inspired to add your own style to your home and life.
No matter where you live or what your personal tastes are, we have one common goal:
To make our home, not only as beautiful as it can be, but functional and comfortable to enjoy a life worth living.
If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
Let’s get started!
HOW TO FIND TOPICS, POST AND PROJECTS:
- To read my blog in the standard blog view, Click under where it says: Recently From The Blog to
- Topics are all listed along the navigation bar to the right of my blog logo. Click on any of these to find the topic you are looking for. Some categories have drop down menus that will open up more categories. Just click on any of these to get where you want to go.
- To manually search for a post or topic: Type what you are looking for into the SEARCH BAR on the top right-hand side of my blog page and click enter. There is also a SEARCH BAR at the very bottom of every page in the footer section. Posts on the topic will populate so you can then scroll through to find what you are looking for.
- On the HOME page you can also get to any category by scrolling down the page and clicking on any of the images with category names across them.
MY MOST POPULAR POSTS:
FAQ’s about the Camera I Use:
When I started this blog back in 2009, I used a Nikon point and shoot. Two years into blogging I stepped up my photography game and bought a Canon 60D. I used this for about 2 years and then upgraded to a used Canon 5D Mark 2. About a year ago I bought a new Canon 5D Mark 3. I do all my photo editing using Photoshop Elements and Adobe Lightroom.
What lenses do you use?
The lenses I currently use most often are:
GET MY POSTS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
I’d like to invite you to sign up to get my latest posts by email. It is full of stuff you won’t find here on the blog. No fluff. No spam. No junk. Join the 42,000 people who have signed up so far.
JUST ONE MORE THING…
Thanks for stopping by. Without you this blog would not exist. If it wasn’t for all of you stopping by to read my posts and sharing your style, tips, and lessons learned with me. I appreciate your emails, comments, and shares. I learn something new every day.
I’d love for you to introduce yourself. Don’t be shy, leave me a comment here or on any post.
My best – Diane