I hope you had a very Happy Valentine’s Day and are celebrating the love all weekend long.
Ed and I took a few hours to enjoy a cozy candlelit dinner on Friday night, then got back to work on two, actually three big projects we started earlier in the week.
The first is framing lots of photos like this. :-) The loves of my life – my daughters and granddaughter who will be a year old next month!
The other two projects are more labor intensive and required us to take apart each of the guest rooms. We have completed the changes in one room so far (it looks amazing).
We are starting on the second room tomorrow. As soon as we are done, I will share the before and after. So stay tuned.
In this week’s Style Scouting, I am sharing random stuff that captured my attention and am also giving away something pretty. See the end of the post for all the details.
- I didn’t know this about metal tape measures. Ed and I tried it as we are working in the guest rooms, but so far, not sure it works. Do you use these marks?
- No need to have to get a plastic bag to carry my stuff home when I run into the grocery store for a few things, when this basket tote will have me taking my purchases home in style.
- Speaking about baskets… I updated the photos in this post.
- If you have hydrangeas in your yard, this is good to know how to do. I always did it wrong.
- This is worth making to keep celebrating Valentine’s Day all weekend.
- I read decorating and lifestyle books like most people devour novels. I enjoy seeing how others live and find inspiration no matter what style they like. I get most of the books from my local library. Currently reading this… I like her easy going, warm and welcoming style.
- Looking forward to reading this book next.
Now on to something pretty for one lucky reader to win.
This Giveaway Is Over
When I was at the HGTV Dream Home event last month, I had the opportunity to meet Lucy Farmer from Lucy Inspired. If you are not familiar with Lucy, she designs and sells jewelry that not only makes a statement, but tells a story.
Since meeting her, she sent me a few pieces from her collection called, Inspired to Give. This set of two prisms is for you to share with a best friend, someone who needs a pick me up or just someone who deserves a smile!
If you would like to win a set of the necklaces shown above along with two bracelets that complement the necklaces, just leave me a comment and tell me that you would like to win.
To see all of Lucy’s jewelry, check out her site at: Lucy Inspired
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :-)