It’s Saturday… time for weekend mode to begin. Before I close down my computer here are a few links I found inspiring this week.
Thank you everyone who emailed me asking if we were OK since Hurricane Dorian was along the South Carolina coast.
I live 2 hours from the coast. We had a cloudy, grey day with lots of low clouds that we could see moving, but no rain, only sporadic bursts of wind.
- I stayed inside and enjoyed the cozy feel of the day which got me in the mood to make this and this. Comfort food at it’s best. :-)
This special Autumn Decorating issue is on news stands now. If you enjoy decorating your home for the autumn season, you will find many easy to do ideas to bring that fall comfy cozy into your home. My fall mantel is featured on page 25. Find out more here: Country Sampler Autumn Decorating
- Every week, I pick up hundreds of pinecones from my yard. I am not exaggerating. When I saw this, I knew I would be putting the next batch of pinecones I pick up into something decorative.
- If you have a wide or double front door to you home and can never find a large enough doormat, here is one very smart trick.
- Don’t cha love it when you come across something beautifully styled and then realize you own the same items but never thought to use them in the same way? This is what happened to me when I saw this fall table setting. Thank you for the inspiration, Shannon.
Something to Think About
- Trying to find more time to do the stuff you love or want to do? Recite what Courtney has to say a few times.
- I bought this dress for Paris, but started wearing it this week. It says it is a mini dress, but not on me. I am 5’5 and it hits right above my knees. The model in the photo must be 6 feet tall. :-) I also bought it in a size smaller than I usually wear since it does flare out. I may need to add my black leggings when I wear it if the temps dip in France at the end of September.