How to Make a Ribbon Memo Board + Friday Bits

by Diane Henkler on 01/06/2012

How to make a memo board using ribbon

Hi – It’s Friday and that means more than just happy dance time -It also means that my post is up at Momtastic.  I made this Ribbon Memo Board.  It will provide you with 2 things:

1.  A pop of color to brighten up the dreary winter months ahead.

2. Help organizing all those little papers, bills, notes, etc. that pile up on your desk.

You can click over to Momtastic to see the full tutorial on how easy it is to make.

______________________

Amazing Furniture Makeover of the Week

Mandy over at The Project Queen featured – Angela from Button Bird Designs who transformed a cast-off chair into something truly amazing.  Did you see it? She did it with Chalk Paint.  Painted not only the legs, but upholstery, too!!  She said she has been using the chair for a week now and it is pliable and perfect.  She heard all the negatives against doing it, but her gut told her to try. I love the fact that she experimented so boldly and listened to that “little voice”  in her head. It is usually right.

I have never used Chalk Paint, but as Mandy@ The Project Queen stated in her post- “Annie Sloan Chalk Paint does it again. What can’t it do?”  Hmmm!  I wonder if I used it as a facial mask if it would remove spots and wrinkles?  :)

image image

______________________________

Are You Back Into Normal Yet?

How are you feeling now that you have had 5 days since the end of the holidays?   I am 95% back to normal. This weekend I plan to relax a bit and go through the stack of magazines I have collected and clip all the ideas and images from them before I recycle them. It is not a chore, quite pleasant, but I wanted to wait until I got all the Christmas stuff put away so I can truly enjoy the ritual, perhaps with a hot drink by my side.  I am also going to play in my family room – the room that needs a makeover.  We just cleaned the carpet and it always is interesting to see it a bit empty. Maybe it will spark an idea or two or three on what to do with it.  I am seeing chalk paint in my future.

MAgazines Family-Room

What are you up to this weekend?  Whatever it is I hope you have a good one.

Ribbon Memo Board tutorial

Pin It

1 Shelley @ Calypso In The Country January 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I love the ribbon board – so cheerful and anything that has the words, “No Sew” always appeals to me! LOL! Still cleaning up around here…I will be cleaning and organizing for the next few weeks! Have a nice weekend!
-Shelley

2 Paula Pierce January 6, 2012 at 2:38 pm

There’s nothing like sitting in an empty living room to cause those idea sparks to start flying! (Sometimes all those fireworks can be overwhelming) I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I am really enjoying your site.

3 Christine January 6, 2012 at 2:47 pm

The memo board is soooooo sweet! Gotta make one!

Check out my blog too:

4 Micha January 6, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Absolutely lovelovelove that chair make-over! It’s gorgeous!

We always keep the Christmas look until the 6th of January, after that we change to Generic Winter look until February. By then temperatures generally return to “warm” again here in Florida and everything remotely winter has to hide in the attic until the end of the year again.

5 Alicia S January 6, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Love the ribbon board! I’m heading over to check out the tutorial!

6 anna see January 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm

that memo board is so bright and cheery!

7 Amber January 6, 2012 at 5:21 pm

That ribbon memo board is an absolutely fantastic idea. And I love that it can hang on the inside of a cupboard door! Thanks for sharing your creation!

8 Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions January 6, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I’ll be knee deep in Christmas totes, Diane! This is the weekend everything gets put away, and I’m hoping it won’t be as bad as previous years since I do have less this year since we downsized. I do always dread the tree, but I want everything down and in the attic by Sunday the latest! If I should wind up with some down time, I just a got a new decorating book in the mail today that I will look forward to looking through.

9 kathy t January 6, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Diane, What a great idea! I am certainly going to make a ribbon board and thanks for sharing the post on the AS chalk paint chair -my goodness it looks beautiful.

10 Conspicuous Style January 6, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I am so making that ribbon board tomorrow….thank you thank yOu thank you for the idea!
Stacy

11 Mandy January 7, 2012 at 2:47 am

Hi Diane, so glad you were as delighted as I was with Angela’s chair! I thought it was pretty amazing…and to think she did it with paint!

Loved your ribbon board! I’ll be getting my ribbon out and heading to the Dollar Store this weekend.

Can’t wait to see what you do with that room! You have to try the chalk paint. It distresses like a dream. Have a wonderful weekend.
Mandy

12 Mod Podge Amy January 8, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Love your ribbon board – I need lots of pockets in my life!

13 Nicole Gamble January 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Love the ribbon board! Great idea!

14 Steph @ The Silly Pearl January 9, 2012 at 3:47 pm

So pretty and useful, and I love the fabrics especially the orange one!

15 Aimee - ItsOverflowing January 10, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I love this SO MUCH. Beautiful fabric and idea! I’d love to have you link it to my party at my party that just started! Overflowing with Creativity!!! Thanks LOTS!

XO, Aimee

16 Jenn @ Social Salutations January 13, 2012 at 8:23 am

Such a great idea – I need to try this for sure! I featured you today in my Friday I’m In Love favorites!

– Jenn @ Social Salutations

17 Temaria February 21, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I just made a ribbon board to go over my daughter’s desk. It came out so cute and was so easy to do, I’m making one for myself! Thanks for the idea.