The holidays are coming which means two things:
1. You will be entertaining family and friends in your home and will need a place for your guests to safely place their drinks.
2. You will be invited to a holiday party or two and will need a hostess gift.
These easy and affordable initialed cork coasters covers both. No matter if you have people coming or you’re going – there will be a need for coasters for all the holiday drinks that will be served.
Protect your tables in affordable style by making a set for yourself and another to give as a handmade hostess gift. Have fun with the designs - draw your own, use initials, stencils of snowflakes, holly, Santa, something your child drew, or print a favorite design out on your computer to transfer. Permanent markers come in a wide range of colors -use one or more colors to coordinate with your decor. There is no limit as to what you can draw on them.
Supplies Needed:Cork coasters – I bought these in the garden department at Walmart Printed initial – I used the font – David in 30o pt. size It is very similar to Times New Roman or Georgia. Transfer paper – craft store Pencil Sharpie or permanent marker
1. Lay transfer paper face down on coaster. Center cut out letter on top. Make sure it is straight. Using a pencil make an outline of the letter. The pressure of the pencil point will transfer graphite on the transfer paper to the cork.
2. When you are done, remove letter and transfer paper to reveal a graphite outline of the letter.
3. Fill letter in with a permanent marker.
If needed, repeat filling in with marker until you have nice even color in your letters.