I created the free Christmas printable that you can print, cut out and hang from a doorknob, cabinet knob or anywhere in your home. Add a little glitter, some ribbon and a few beads and voila… you have a little decoration for an unexpected place.
I found the quote years ago in an issue of Mary Englebreit’s Home Companion. It was a magazine that was published back in the 1990’s to 2006. Did anyone read the magazine? I had every issue. :-) It was filled with inspiration and every issue had a page of inspiring quotes.
I have always wanted to use it in some way, I finally did. :-)
You can make the printable into a tree ornament if you print the .pdf smaller than the original size. Check your printer/computer interface to do this.
How to Make The Christmas Doorknob Decoration
- Print the Free Printable .pdf here: Christmas Free Printable Door Hanger Decoration
- White card stock and color printer
- White glue
- White glitter
- Fine-tipped paint brush
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Paper hole punch
- 10″ – 12″ length of ribbon
- Optional: Ornament hanger, jewelry pliers, beads
1. Save and then print .pdf onto white card stock. Cut out using a paper cutter. Use scissors to cut out curved bottom section.
2. Punch 3 holes in cut-out printable. One at each top corner and one at the center bottom.
3. Use a fine-tipped paint brush to brush on a layer of glue over letters you want glitter on. I added glitter to the words. LOVE and CHRISTMAS and also on the red border.
4. Sprinkle glitter over wet glue and then shake off excess.
TIP: Place printable on a piece of printer paper before sprinkling glitter. This way when you are finished using the glitter, you can fold the paper and easily pour the excess glitter back into the jar.
5. Bring one end of ribbon through the front of one top corner hole and knot the end.
6. Bring the other end of the ribbon through the front of the opposite corner and knot end.
7. I used a jewelry finding to make my hanging beads, but in a pinch you can use a wire ornament hanger. Bend it as shown above, attach beads or buttons and then bend top into a loop.
8. Hook over bottom hole.
Hang over doorknob.
Have you started thinking about how you are going to decorate for Christmas this year?