Today I am taking part in a Free Christmas Printable Blog Hop to help get you Christmas decorating started.
I created the free printable that you can print, cut out and hang from a doorknob, cabinet knob or anywhere in your home. Add a little glitter, some ribbon and a few beads and voila… you have a little decoration for an unexpected place.
I found the quote years ago in an issue of Mary Englebreit’s Home Companion. It was a magazine that was published back in the 1990’s to 2006. Did anyone read the magazine? I had every issue. :-) It was filled with inspiration and every issue had a page of inspiring quotes.
I have always wanted to use it in some way, I finally did. :-)
You can make the printable into a tree ornament if you print the .pdf smaller than the original size. Check your printer/computer interface to do this.
How to Make The Christmas Doorknob Decoration
- Print the Free Printable .pdf here: Christmas Free Printable Door Hanger Decoration
- White card stock and color printer
- White glue
- White glitter
- Fine-tipped paint brush
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Paper hole punch
- 10″ – 12″ length of ribbon
- Optional: Ornament hanger, jewelry pliers, beads
1. Save and then print .pdf onto white card stock. Cut out using a paper cutter. Use scissors to cut out curved bottom section.
2. Punch 3 holes in cut-out printable. One at each top corner and one at the center bottom.
3. Use a fine-tipped paint brush to brush on a layer of glue over letters you want glitter on. I added glitter to the words. LOVE and CHRISTMAS and also on the red border.
4. Sprinkle glitter over wet glue and then shake off excess.
TIP: Place printable on a piece of printer paper before sprinkling glitter. This way when you are finished using the glitter, you can fold the paper and easily pour the excess glitter back into the jar.
5. Bring one end of ribbon through the front of one top corner hole and knot the end.
6. Bring the other end of the ribbon through the front of the opposite corner and knot end.
7. I used a jewelry finding to make my hanging beads, but in a pinch you can use a wire ornament hanger. Bend it as shown above, attach beads or buttons and then bend top into a loop.
8. Hook over bottom hole.
Hang over doorknob.
Have you started thinking about how you are going to decorate for Christmas this year?
If you would like to see two other ways to make Christmas doorknob decorations? Click over to:
More Free Christmas Printable’s
For more Free Christmas Printable’s from my fellow decorating bloggers that will help you decorate your home for the holidays simply follow the links below.
Oversized O Holy Night Mantel by Ella Claire | Winter Botanical Gallery Wall Print Set by Bless’er House | Christmas Wrapping Paper by Craftberry Bush | Repeat the Sounding Joy by Nest of Posies | Christmas Star Garland by A Burst of Beautiful
Watercolor Wrapping Bow by Zevy Joy | Merry & Bright by Live Laugh Rowe | Joyeux Noel by So Much Better with Age | Snowflake Christmas Tags by Happy Happy Nester | Santa Ornament Gift Tag by anderson + grant
Lovely, Glorious, Beautiful Christmas by Making Home Base | Oh Come Let Us Adore Him by My Sweet Savannah | Peace on Earth by Maison de Pax | Holly Jolly by Shades of Blue Interiors | Christmas Gift Tags by Taryn Whitaker
Love is What’s in the Room with You by In My Own Style | Winter Favorites Watercolor by Finding Silver Pennies | Merry Christmas Gift Tags by Refresh Restyle | The Nutcracker Printable by My Someday in May | Oh Come Let Us Adore Him Watercolour by The Happy Housie
Christmas Cards by TIDBITS | Snowman Snacks Tags by Just Destiny | North Pole Cookie Co. by Clean and Scentsible | Nutcracker Watercolor Series by Nina Hendrick Design Co. | Watercolor Christmas Wreath Gift Tags by Home Stories A to Z