Decorative Christmas Doorknob Hanger
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read my Disclosure Policy.
If you find yourself in a pinch to add some merry to your house this holiday season, look no further than the stack of Christmas cards you receive in your mailbox or find in a bin or box on a thrift store shelf to make a decorative Christmas door hanger. It is an easy way to add some festive style to your home without much effort.
How to Make a Decorative Christmas Door Hanger
Simply choose a favorite Christmas card, add some ribbon and maybe a few beads to create a vibrant and cheerful Christmas door hanger.
- Christmas card. I found this card in the boxed Christmas card section at Target.
- Paper hole punch
- 12″ ribbon
- Optional: Hot glue and gun. Strung beads from jewelry making aisle in the craft store
- Cut ribbon (I used 3 narrow ribbons) to 12″ or the length desired.
- Punch two holes on top of card.
- Thread ribbon through holes and knot ends as shown.
- Trim ends of ribbon with scissors.
5. This step is optional. Choose a section of the card to highlight with a strand or more of beads. I chose the word BELIEVE. Run a line of hot glue where you want to place the beads.
6. Press the strand of beads into the hot glue and let dry
7. Using scissors, trim the string that holds the beads in the strand together.
A fast and festive way to add some Christmas merriment to your home this holiday.
That was a simple way to add some Christmas cheer to your house. Find more Christmas decorating projects, from simple to somewhat more complex in my project gallery.SaveSave
Wow, this is a really nice idea! Thank you for sharing! Can`t wait for Christmas – I`m definitely going to try this!
I am trying everything at home to be recycled. You gave me a great idea! I was wondering what to do with tones of Christmas cards. Something so simple, but very cute :) Happy Holidays!
So cute and quick, great idea Diane!!
This is such a darling idea, Diane! I think I’ll make these for my Christmas guests and put their names on the doors of their bedrooms. So cute!
Hi Yvonne – That is such a cute idea! I love it and I think your guests will too. It is the little details that will make their stay with you memorable.
It looks like my link isn’t working.. Could you please change it to this? Thanks Diane! http://www.settingforfour.com/2015/12/10-minute-christmas-centerpiece-tray.html
Hi Heather -I just updated your post link in my post. Thanks for letting me know.
I love this! So festive and adding the beads is so clever! So fun to join you in this fun decor series!
This is hands down the best decorating idea ever!! and a fabulous way to recycle those Christmas cards. I love decorating doorknobs.
Thanks Linda – I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
The 2016 HGTV Dream House! That is very cool. Have a great time.
SO, SO cute Diane! Love the little red beads! So creative!
Thanks Kristi – I have so many beads leftover from when I had a jewelry making business. I always am looking for ways to use them.