If you find yourself in a pinch to add some merry to your house this holiday season, look no further than the stack of Christmas cards you receive in your mailbox or find in a bin or box on a thrift store shelf to make a decorative Christmas door hanger. It is an easy way to add some festive style to your home without much effort.
How to Make a Decorative Christmas Door Hanger
Simply choose a favorite Christmas card, add some ribbon and maybe a few beads to create a vibrant and cheerful Christmas door hanger.
- Christmas card. I found this card in the boxed Christmas card section at Target.
- Paper hole punch
- 12″ ribbon
- Optional: Hot glue and gun. Strung beads from jewelry making aisle in the craft store
- Cut ribbon (I used 3 narrow ribbons) to 12″ or the length desired.
- Punch two holes on top of card.
- Thread ribbon through holes and knot ends as shown.
- Trim ends of ribbon with scissors.
5. This step is optional. Choose a section of the card to highlight with a strand or more of beads. I chose the word BELIEVE. Run a line of hot glue where you want to place the beads.
6. Press the strand of beads into the hot glue and let dry
7. Using scissors, trim the string that holds the beads in the strand together.
A fast and festive way to add some Christmas merriment to your home this holiday.
That was a simple way to add some Christmas cheer to your house. Find more Christmas decorating projects, from simple to somewhat more complex in my project gallery.