How to wrap a wine bottle in a festive, but easy way to give as a hostess gift.
When you are invited to dinner or a party and want to bring a bottle of wine to take as a hostess gift, here is a way to make the bottle look more festive.
How to Wrap a Wine Bottle With Gift Wrap
- Gift wrap
- Ribbon – enough to wrap around the bottle a few times
- Glue dots or glue gun and glue stick
- Gift tag
- Craft knife
- Clear tape
1. Cut a piece of gift wrap that is about 6 inches longer than the height of the bottle. The width should be enough to roll the bottle on until it is covered.
- Lay the wine bottle on its side on top of the wrong side of the gift wrap.
- Roll the bottle on the gift wrap and tape the edges to secure gift wrap around the bottle.
- Tape the excess gift wrap on the bottom to the underside of the bottle.
- Cinch the top of the gift wrap around the top with your hands to form fit it around the neck.
How to Attach Gift Tag to Wine Bottle Wrap
2. Cut out the tag and ribbon. I chose not to use it as a tag, but a label.
3. I made slits with a craft knife on the tag to thread the ribbon through.
4. Secure the ends of the ribbon using Glue Dots or hot glue on the back of the bottle.
- Line up edges with the seam in the gift wrap.
- Cut and then press with your fingers to make sure it is adhered and smooth.
5. Wrap ribbon around the neck of the bottle using the Glue Dots to secure.
- Using a pair of scissors, make vertical cuts 1/4-inch apart from each other in the excess gift wrap on the top of the bottle. It will splay out creating a festive topper.
I found the all-occasion chalk board gift tags over at ellienee.com.
More Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas
For more creative gift wrapping ideas head over to my Gift Wrapping Idea Gallery.