Have you had enough? Enough of what seems like a never ending winter? If you live just about anywhere in the US right now – you are probably craving warm weather and counting the days till spring. The first day of spring arrives on Friday March 20th. Easter is April 5th.
Today, 20 other bloggers and I are bringing you a touch of spring in the way of free Spring and Easter printables for your home and life. We hope they will help to brighten your surroundings and push the winter blues away.
I created a chalkboard Easter bunny gift tag that you can use to embellish any gift, but I made it especially to raise the style bar when you give one of these to your family or friends…
Grocery store flowers or potted plants.
They make nice springtime hostess or Easter gifts, but the foil wrap that has a price sticker slapped on are not so pretty. By simply adding tissue paper, colorful ribbon, and a decorative gift tag you can take the wrap on the flowers up a few notches on the style bar very easily. Get ready to hear….“ooooh…for me?”
How to Make a Bunny With a Bow Tie Gift Tag
- black card stock (scrapbooking aisle at the craft store)
- Download: Printed Bunny gift tag
- hot glue and glue gun
- cotton balls
- Optional: cardboard to make a template
If you have a digital cutting machine, like a Silhouette, it is the easiest way to print and cut out shapes. Not everyone has one of these machines, so here is the old-fashioned way of saving and cutting out shapes:
I take printable shapes like this bunny and make a cardboard template so that I can use it over and over again. Having a template allows me to simply trace to make more tags without having to use my printer and expensive ink again.
Depending on your software and printer, you can change the size of the bunny before printing. My printer brings up a window when I press “Print” where I can change size of print, color, and orientation.
See a variation on making the gift tag at the end of post.
1. Print bunny and cut out. Place it on a piece of cardboard and trace. Cut bunny shape from cardboard.
Use this cutout as your template.
2. Place bunny template on a piece of black card stock. Use chalk to trace around bunny.
3. Cut bunny outside your drawn chalk line.
4. Hot glue a cotton ball near the hind legs to create a tail.
5. Use a hole punch to make two holes in neck. Place them on an angle as shown in the photo above.
6. Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to go around the pot and about 8-inches more to make the bowtie.
7. Lay a few pieces of colorful tissue paper on work surface. Place pot on center and then wrap tissue paper around it.
8. Thread one end of ribbon through left hole on bunny.
9. Wrap the rest of the ribbon around flower pot and bring the opposite end through the right hole. Gently pull ribbon taut, being careful not to rip paper so that it holds the tissue paper in place. The ends of the ribbon coming through the holes should be the same length.
1o. Tie ribbon into a knot. Trim ends with scissors.
11. I cut the ends of the ribbon into points, but you can notch or cut straight.
Write the recipient’s name on the chalkboard bunny gift tag with chalk.
Variation: Print bunny printable on scrapbook paper to make colorful Springtime gift tags or use to decorate your home.
The countdown is officially on. Only 16 more days to go.
For more springtime free printables, follow the links below to help you get into spring mode and say goodbye to the snowy, cold, and grey days of winter.
Bird Prints Vignette with Free Printable by Town and Country Living
Dreamsicle Botanical Recipe Print by My Sweet Savannah
I Love Paris in the Springtime by So Much Better with Age
Spring Floral Watercolors by Migonis Home
Let New Adventures Begin by City Farmhouse
Hello Easter Greeting Card Printable by Sweet C’s Designs
Hippity Hoppity by Clean and Scentsible
Spring Vignette and Free Printable by My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Botanical Prints for Spring by Shades of Blue Interiors
Spring Easter Bunny Free Printable by Thoughts from Alice
The Earth Laughs in Flowers by Ella Claire
Well, Hello Spring by Nest of Posies
Free Printable Welcome Spring by Dandelion Patina
Aztec Easter Egg Print by My Someday in May
Rain Boots Printable by Chronicles of Home
Bunny Gift Tag by In My Own Style
Easter Placemats by Finding Silver Pennies
Our Nest Watercolor Printable by Craftberry Bush
He Makes All Things Beautiful by AKA Design
Gardening Printables by Lilypad Cottage
Easter Garden Stake Printable by The Wicker House