How to make an Easter bunny rabbit gift tag in various ways using this free printable. This free bunny printable can also be made into Easter table place cards, Easter banners to decorate your home for Easter.
I created a chalkboard Easter bunny gift tag that you can use to embellish any gift, but I made it especially to raise the style bar when you give one of these to your family or friends…
Grocery store flowers or potted plants.
They make nice springtime hostess or Easter gifts, but the foil wrap that has a price sticker slapped on are not so pretty.
By simply adding tissue paper, colorful ribbon, and a decorative gift tag you can take the wrap on the flowers up a few notches on the style bar very easily.
Get ready to hear….“ooooh…for me?”
How to Make a Bunny With a Bow Tie Gift Tag
- black card stock (scrapbooking aisle at the craft store)
- Download: Printed Bunny gift tag
- hot glue and glue gun
- cotton balls
- Optional: cardboard to make a template
TIP: you have a digital cutting machine, like a Silhouette, it is the easiest way to print and cut out shapes. Not everyone has one of these machines, so here is the old-fashioned way of saving and cutting out shapes:
I take printable shapes like this bunny and make a cardboard template so that I can use it over and over again. Having a template allows me to simply trace to make more tags without having to use my printer and expensive ink again.
Depending on your software and printer, you can change the size of the bunny before printing. My printer brings up a window when I press “Print” where I can change size of print, color, and orientation.
See a variation on making the gift tag at the end of post.
1. Print bunny and cut out. Place it on a piece of cardboard and trace. Cut bunny shape from cardboard.
Use this cutout as your template.
2. Place bunny template on a piece of black card stock. Use chalk to trace around bunny.
3. Cut bunny outside your drawn chalk line.
4. Hot glue a cotton ball near the hind legs to create a tail.
5. Use a hole punch to make two holes in neck. Place them on an angle as shown in the photo above.
6. Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to go around the pot and about 8-inches more to make the bowtie.
7. Lay a few pieces of colorful tissue paper on work surface. Place pot on center and then wrap tissue paper around it.
8. Thread one end of ribbon through left hole on bunny.
9. Wrap the rest of the ribbon around flower pot and bring the opposite end through the right hole. Gently pull ribbon taut, being careful not to rip paper so that it holds the tissue paper in place. The ends of the ribbon coming through the holes should be the same length.
1o. Tie ribbon into a knot. Trim ends with scissors.
11. I cut the ends of the ribbon into points, but you can notch or cut straight.
Write the recipient’s name on the chalkboard bunny gift tag with chalk.
Variation: Print bunny printable on scrapbook paper to make colorful Springtime gift tags or banners to use to decorate your home.
You May Also Like: