Do you need a housewarming or girlfriend gift?
I have an easy to make gift giving idea for you.
I made this for my mom for Mother’s Day.
A frame covered in a old and broken strands of pearls.
The materials I used to make this frame came from old junk. An old photo frame that had lost its luster, pearls I found for a few dollars at a flea market and hot glue were all I needed.
I used a pearl necklace since it is very feminine. The frame would also be great as a bridal gift or to use as place card holders for an elegant dinner party.
Try other styles of beaded necklaces to create truly unique frames to give – a colorful necklace into a child’s frame, a crystal necklace for a trendy modern look. Your options are wide open.
- Any frame – I used a 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ frame
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- 18″ vintage pearl necklace or 2 shorter ones, for larger frames more necklaces will be needed
1. Remove glass and back of frame.
2. Put a thick line of hot glue on the front of the frame. Lay one opened end of necklace on the hot glue. Press gently. Add more hot glue, continue gluing necklace onto front of frame, then sides, then back of frame. If second necklace is needed, start where first one ends.
3. After frame has been covered, start overlapping necklace by putting hot glue on top of the first layer of pearls until desired thickness is achieved. Make sure clasps of necklaces are covered or cut them off do you don’t see them once necklace is securely glued to frame. Trim excess.
4. In random spots or a space, hot glue individual beads to cover or as accents.
5. Reassemble frame and add photo. I found an old snapshot of my mother holding my twin sister, Carol and I when we were infants. My brother was also in the picture, but he didn’t quite fit, so I cut him off, sorry Greg.
What are you giving your mom this year?
We all need ideas and love handmade gift ideas, so please share any creative ideas you are going to do this year or have done in the past to help your Mom celebrate Mother’s Day.
You May Also Like: