Only one more day until Thanksgiving – then in a few short weeks it is going to be Christmas. It is sneaking up way too fast. To help you get ready, I have the perfect giveaway for you. A fresh, fragrant, and handmade wreath of your choice from The Wreath Depot.
This one arrived on my door step last week. It smells divine! It is one of many that the Wreath Depot sells. It is called the Bridgeport Boxwood Holiday Wreath. I like that it has a mix of greens – dark and light.
It came with a metallic silver bow on it, but you know me – I like to add my own style to things. I removed it and simply hung the wreath with a length of green velvet ribbon.
How To Hang A Wreath with Ribbon
To hang a wreath without having to drive a nail into the front of the door, I used a thumbtack and ribbon. I simply looped a long length of ribbon around the top section of the wreath and brought the ends together. Once I like the placement on the door, I held the ribbon over the top of the door and pressed a thumbtack into the top edge of the door. I then flipped the excess ribbon over the thumbtack to fall in front of the wreath.
- If you don’t like the look of ribbon, use clear fishing line to hang the wreath. Loop it around the wreath in the same way you would ribbon, but tie the ends in a double knot. Place the thumbtack over the knot to hold the wreath up.
- To remove the tack, use a paint can opener or flat-head screwdriver.
- If your ribbon has one pretty side and one not so pretty side…cut the ribbon off right past the thumbtack pressed into the top edge of the door. Flip the cut ribbon to show the right side – remove thumbtack, place the cut ends over the ends that are holding up the wreath and then press the thumbtack back into the top of the door. If needed, use a hammer.
Tip: When using fresh greenery, keep a spray bottle of water handy so you can mist daily. This will help keep them looking fresh longer.
Here are only a few of the fresh handmade wreaths that you could choose from. There are many more over at The Wreath Depot.
Giveaway is now over.
The winner is: Commenter #90 Barbara from DIY Home Staging Tips
Congratulations! I will be emailing you.
If you didn’t win – stay tuned for another wreath giveaway later this week.
1. Visit The Wreath Depot and leave me a comment telling me what wreath you like the best.
2. For a second chance to win, mention this giveaway on either Facebook, Twitter, or G+, then leave a second comment sharing where you linked.
I will choose the winner via Random.org at the end of the day on Sunday December 1. I will contact the winner via email.