I have a cookie recipe for you today. Chinese Almond Cookies are delish and easy to make, plus since they bake up flat, they can be easily stacked in a bag or box, making them easy to give for Christmas gift giving.
Around this time every year I search for new Christmas cookies to make and give. Over the past 10 + years I have been going to an annual holiday cookie exchange that my friend hosts. One winner was Pecan Cherry Cookies. Another were what I called The Easiest Christmas Cookies I Ever Made.
I always try to make something with a wow factor, but I find my efforts never turn out or look as good as the photo in the magazine or cookbook shows.
How to Make Chinese Almond Cookies
Over the years, I found the best cookies and the tastiest are always the simplest ones to make. They are the ones everyone grabs.
I am sharing one of those cookie recipes with you today…one of my faves… Chinese Almond Cookies.
If you like almonds, you will love these cookies, if you love easy… ditto!
There is a surprise ingredient in them – you have the option to use water, gin or vodka. I have tried each and think when I make them with gin they taste the best.
I like sprinkling them with sanding sugar, but you can simply place an almond on the center of each cookie before baking.
Chinese Almond Cookies
- Finely chop or grind almonds.
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar.
- Stir flour with baking powder and salt and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Form dough into small balls on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press with a back of a large spoon to flatten each ball
- Sprinkle with white or colored sanding sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until very lightly golden.
Cookies Make Great Holiday Hostess Gifts
- Place them in a gift wrapped box to keep them from getting crushed and then give them as hostess gifts this holiday season.
- If you don’t have a box to use, check your pantry for empty plastic-wrap or foil boxes. Their long, thin shape is perfect for holding a batch of cookies.
- Simply glue gift wrap to the cardboard and line the inside with tissue paper. Add a bow and you have one very affordable and pretty gift.
Looking for more holiday hostess or a food gift ideas?
My recommendation – grab a few of these delicious cookies and a cup of tea and explore other holiday decorating ideas.
You May Also Like: