On this Free Printables to Organize Your Stuff page are all the free printable labels for Home Organizing and more that I have shared and posted here on In My Own Style.
Working With Printable Labels: Below I have a guide on how to print, cut and attach the labels.
Go Back To: Free Printable Galleries Main Page
Click the images below to open up a downloadable file to print on your printer.
For More Free Printables:
How to Cut Printable Labels for Organizing Your Stuff
- I usually use white printer paper or card stock to print the labels and then cut them with a small paper cutter that I bought at the craft store.
How to Laminate Printable Labels for Organizing Your Stuff
- I make all my labels wipeable by using self-sealing clear laminating sheets over them. I buy the sheets at Walmart and Staples.
- You can add the lamination before or after cutting out the labels depending on the look you want.
- Follow the directions on the self-sealing laminating sheet package.
There are two ways to use self-seal laminating sheets when making labels.
1. Cut out the labels. Lay the label face down on the shiny non-sticky side of the laminating sheet, place the sticky side over the back of the label. When cutting you will need to leave about 1/8″ – 1/4″ of lamination all around the label so the lamination can seal. This is the way I make most of my labels.
2. Lay a cut out label or a sheet of labels face down on the sticky side of the laminating sheet and then cut out the label right along the shape of the label. This leaves the back with no lamination, but you don’t see it. There will be no lamination border around the labels this way, but the fronts will be shiny and protected.
How to Attach Printable Labels for Organizing Your Stuff
- Using a hole punch, punch a hole on both ends of your label.
- Push a closed brass fastener into each hole.
To Attach Labels on Boxes: Use an awl to make two holes on the center of the front of the box. These holes should be the same distance as the holes punched into the label. Use brass fasteners to attach the label to the box.
How to Add Words To the the Free Printable Labels
Using Photoshop or Photo-Editing App
Once I have downloaded the .pdf file. I open Photoshop Elements and upload the file to add the wording to each label. I use various fonts that I have downloaded on my computer for free.
Using Microsoft Word or Word Processing Programs
If you have Microsoft Word – You can choose any pretty font downloaded to your computer and type the words into a Word document in the font size needed to fit on the label. Print this out. Tape it to a window and center and hold your label over the word and trace the word onto your label. EZ peasy. :-)
Simply Write the Words on the Labels
If you don’t have access to photo editing apps or a word process program, you can simply use a black marker to write the word you want on each label.