Everyone loves bacon. Why not serve these Spiced Bacon Skewers to your guests this New Year’s Eve. They are a perfect cocktail food as guests can easily hold and eat them using one hand, while holding their drink in the other.
I enjoy entertaining family and friends all through the year and this Spiced Bacon Skewer recipe is a crowd pleaser. One of those recipes that you should have printed out so when you get asked for the recipe, you will have it at the ready.
Crowd pleasing recipes for entertaining like this Fast Fire Flank Steak and Savoy Cabbage Salad will make any party, large or small a festive and more importantly, a delicious event. For drinks, you can never go wrong by making a punch bowl filled with Bourbon Slush to please your family and friends.
Spiced Bacon Skewer Recipe
But for New Year’s Eve, I am going with Bacon. Who doesn’t love Bacon? Don’t these skewers look delish? They are. :-)
They pair well with champagne.
Instead of serving a big meal for New Year’s, I like to serve finger food since it keeps things easy. I am all about casual entertaining style and picked up some festive gold and white paper goods for our NYE-at-home celebration that are perfect for serving finger food all evening and all day while watching bowl games on TV.
I used gold glass markers to write guests names to add a personal touch. To find festive glassware for your party, thrift stores always have a lot of festive vintage glasses for about 25 cents a piece.
Ed enjoyed the fact that he got to preview them for this post. He is always happy to help out when bacon and champagne are involved.
Our house has a small kitchen and no dining room. I had to get creative when setting up the living room for entertaining purposes.
With the addition of a festive rectangular tray, glass ice bucket and the dresser that I transformed into a temporary bar when needed. Time to party!
How to Make Spiced Bacon Skewers
These are very easy to make. Printable recipe is below.
- Skewer each slice of bacon.
2. Shake each skewered slice in sugar mixture.
3. Lay on a foiled lined baking sheet and oiled rack.
SPICED BACON SKEWERS
- 15 - 20 wooden skewers If using wooden, soak in water 30 minutes
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 pound applewood-smoked thick-cut bacon Excess fat trimmed from short ends
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and place on top of baking sheet.
- Put brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg and cloves in a resealable plastic bag. Shake bag well to mix ingredients.
- Thread 1 slice of bacon onto each skewer like ribbon candy. Don’t push bacon together too closely or bacon won’t cook evenly.
- Dip each bacon skewer into plastic bag with sugar mixture, making sure to coat both sides well.
- Lay each skewer on rack.
- Sprinkle skewers with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until bacon is brown and crisp, turning skewers after 12-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
How do you like to ring in the new year? Are you a cozy-at-home party lover or do you like to go all out on the town? Do you think your guests will enjoy these Spiced Bacon Skewers?