Fall decorating with mums.
This brown paper bag decoration idea is the type of DIY project that we all love… quick and easy to make to decorate your home in 10 minutes or less.
I like using a brown paper bag every year when I decorate my house for fall. The color is perfect for the season and the size of the bag is just large enough to cover an ugly plastic pot that mums and other fall flowers are sold in
Using brown paper bags as decorative plant pots around your home has another nice feature – it is free to make!
No running to the craft store needed… only your kitchen or where you store brown paper grocery bags in your home.
On the stool you can no longer see the ugly plastic pot. Only what I call the “brown paper bag vase”.
Here is what the plastic pot looks like. Now lets’s hide the plastic pot in 10 minutes with a simple brown paper grocery bag.
How to Make a Brown Paper Bag Flower Vase
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Open up the bag and place it so the bottom is sitting on the counter.
- Make a 2″ cut down from the top edge on each corner crease of the bag.
- Carefully begin to roll the edge down working the top of the bag into soft folds.
- Roll and fold to the height needed to cover the pot.
If your bag has a store logo on it, you can reverse the bag first (inside out), then start to roll the top edge into folds. If the logo is high on the bag, it will be hidden once you fold.
A pretty indoor planter. When the flowers need watering, simply remove and water. You can even cover the plastic pot with a plastic grocery bag after watering so no water gets in the brown paper bag.
Brown Paper Bag Vase Styling Options:
- I like to leave the brown paper bag plain, but you can tie a colorful fall ribbon around the bag and cinch it for a slightly different look.
- If your flower pot is small, you can bunch up plastic grocery bags inside the brown paper bag to act as a lift for group of small flower pots.
You May Also Like: