Today I am joining a group of creative bloggers to bring you fall decorating ideas that we all love…projects and ideas that are quick and easy to make in 10 minutes or less. We will be sharing one each month.
To start the series off this month we are sharing fall decorating ideas. The decorating idea I am sharing is a fall flower paper bag vase that can not only be made in 10 minutes, but it is free to make! No running to the craft store needed…only your kitchen or where you store brown paper grocery bags.
If you remember my fall home tour from last year, you may remember this photo. On the stool is my go-to way to hide the ugly plastic pots in which fall flowers come. I call it the “brown paper bag vase”.
I hide the plastic pots every year in 10 minutes with a simple brown paper grocery bag.
How to Make a
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Open up the bag and place so the bottom is sitting on the counter.
- Make a 2″ cut down from the top edge on each corner crease of the bag.
- Carefully begin to roll the edge down working the top of the bag into soft folds.
- Roll and fold to the height needed to cover the pot.
If your bag has a store logo on it, you can reverse the bag first (inside out), then start to roll the top edge into folds. If the logo is high on the bag, it will be hidden once you fold.
Fall Paper Bag Vase Variations:
- I like to leave the brown paper bag plain, but you can tie a colorful fall ribbon around the bag and cinch it for a slightly different look.
- If your flower pot is small, you can bunch up plastic grocery bags inside the brown paper bag to act as a lift for group of small flower pots.
For more 10 minute fall decorating ideas check out these bloggers’ posts: