How to make colorful dinner table place cards that become favors for your guests to take home and keep.
To create a spring vibe for my Easter table setting I made colorful dinner table place cards.
These place cards are very easy to make in about 20 minutes.
I made mine using a different ribbon for each place setting, but you can use all the same ribbon.
After your dinner party, your guests will smile when you give each of them their place card as a party favor.
How to Make Alphabet & Ribbon Place Cards
- Glass alphabet tiles
- Hot glue or Glue Dots
- Optional: Repositionable craft stick
- Find the alphabet letters you need for each name and set aside.
- Cut the ribbon you need into 8″ long pieces.
3. Find the center of ribbon and place a tiny mark with a pencil.
4. For each name, find the center letter. This letter needs to be glued on first, then finish by adding on the other letters in the name to each side of the center letter. Doing this will ensure the name is centered on the ribbon.
Note: If the name has an even number of letters, place the center two letters on the ribbon with the space between them right on the center point on the ribbon.
5. Use hot glue to attach each tile to the ribbon for a permanent bond. If you only want a temporary bond, use a repositionable craft stick.
How to Notch Cut the Ends of Ribbon
- While holding the ribbon in one hand, fold one end of the ribbon in half lengthwise so the folded side is on the top.
- Using a sharp pair of scissors, snip end of ribbon on an angle. Starting at the bottom of the open side of the folded end – angle to cut off a triangle shape as shown above.
You May Also Like: