Thanks for stopping by for this week’s Style Scouting. My Sunday post where I share the random stuff that captured my attention or inspired me that I found online.
And now that the Thanksgiving holiday weekend is almost over… it is full-on Christmas around my house!
One thing I struggle with every year when changing the decor from orange pumpkins to Christmas red and green is what to do with the pumpkins that are still good and not even close to rotting. I feel guilty throwing them away.
In past years I have opened them up and baked the seeds to eat. I have even cracked open the pumpkins and taken them into a wooded area near my house for wildlife to enjoy.
For the ones on my front steps this year, I was thinking about painting them red and green. Have you ever done this? Maybe even add some glitter as you know how much I like to see glitter at Christmas time. Maybe I can make them look like ball ornaments.
Hmmm… I may try it. If they look bad – I guess I will be making pumpkin seeds or gutting the innards and taking them to the woods. What do you do with your pumpkins when you shift your fall decor into Christmas holiday decor?
Posts You May Have Missed This Week:
- Festive Holiday Decorating Ideas for Kitchen Shelves
I love seeing a person’s authentic style in their decorating – like the unique way Kelly decorated her mantel for Christmas.
This expansive, yet cozy home.
Have you see Ben & Erin’s dream home in Mississippi?
This holiday decorated home that used to originally be a polo clubhouse and stable.
A clever way to store fragile Christmas ornaments.
Oh… So Stylish Finds
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- I just bought these to use my laptop or iPad to listen to my favorite Christmas music. I also bought this for when we travel by car to have hot soup, tea, or coffee at the ready.
- These Christmas tree gift tags are styling and quite a deal.
- This is the most realistic looking battery-operated pillar candle complete with wax drips.
- This trendy knit pullover with side slits.
- These comfy instyle sneakers.
- The best toiletry bag for travel – on major sale!